New looking for some answers regarding my fathers D40 navara

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Been doing a bit of work in my dads D40 usual suspension exhaust ect. It’s an auto wich generally means DPF but I know for a fact it never had one from factory. Need to some how prove to RTA this fact but none including Nissan seems to know anything for certain. Please if anyone can help me here.

hopefully the d40 guys here will fill in the details. the dpf's where only for a number of years. the years should be listed somewhere.

Welcome to the forum.

Not every auto D40 had the DPF fitted. It depends on the year and place of manufacture (and even then there's no absolute certainty!). From my understanding they started fitting DPFs only to autos in the STX range (not in the other variants) in April/May of 2009 and stopped some time in 2010.

You can tell if the car is supposed to have a DPF: there'll be a black sensor with an electrical connection on the vehicle's left hand front guard inside the engine bay not far from the ABS unit. This sensor will have two black rubber hoses hanging off the bottom that normally attach to two metal tubes that run down out of sight under the car. These tubes connect to the front and rear of the DPF itself. There'll also be two electrical connectors near the exhaust in the area before the exhaust makes that turn to the vehicle right hand side (the DPF usually lives under the front left footwell and the DPF itself has the elbow that turns the exhaust to the right).

If your car has that sensor and those electrical connections, chances are it once had a DPF. If your car is not an STX auto variant from April 2009 - June 2010 (check the compliance plate for the manufacture date) then your car should NOT have a DPF.

Does anyone know anywhere “official” I could find this information. I work on theese cars all the time and know what I’m looking at in terms of sensors and plugs and I know for a fact this car has none of it. RTA WANT SOMTHING DEFINATIVE ON THIS OR THEY WANT TO TAKE HUS CAR OFF THE road.

Does anyone know anywhere “official” I could find this information. I work on theese cars all the time and know what I’m looking at in terms of sensors and plugs and I know for a fact this car has none of it. RTA WANT SOMTHING DEFINATIVE ON THIS OR THEY WANT TO TAKE HUS CAR OFF THE road.
only place i can think of is a dealer. get a signed letter from a dealer that shows nissan info.

i don't know your RTA system, but can you find another outlet to deal with? a lot of bureaucrats will never admit to being wrong so it won't matter what info you give them.

Latest posts

Back