New to this forum stuff

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StevoQ74

Reaction score
Hello, all I am new to this forum stuff and trying to figure it all out, lol. Have been a member since early this year but don't get on that often!!

I am interested in finding out a few peoples opinions on diff and auto/transfer fluid brands and preferences, etc.

I have a July2010 D40 ST 4x4 Auto with about 68,000klms on it. Had it since new and now that the warranty is over am keen to do the services and maintenance myself and start to modify it to improve it's off-road performance.

Any advise and suggestions would be much appreciated, and how to best navigate this forum??

Cheers, Stevo :)

Gday Mate and welcome all be it a late one lol.

As far as navigating just click on the box at the top of the screen that says "FORUM" then you will be able to look through the D40 sections for all the D40 info.

The other thing you can try is the "SEARCH" function or the "advanced search" But often thats a bit of a goose chase, still worth a try all the same.

"USER CP" top centre of the page will allow you to change settings, create a virtual garage ect

other then that just click on stuff and see what it does,,,,, lol

Welcome aboard!

What Nathan said - and you can also click on "New Posts" in the gray bar, which will show you all of the new posts since you last logged on.

A little jargon should be gotten out of the way.

While this is a forum, you also can refer to a section within the forum as a 'forum' - think of it as a subforum. As an example, from the home page you'd click on 'Forum' and then scroll down to see all the areas covering the different cars and topics. Each of these areas can be called 'forums'.

Inside a subforum (I'll call it that for clarity) you'll see a list of discussions - we call those 'threads' - and each 'thread' is made up of entries by people (like this one I'm typing now) that we call 'posts'.

If you see a thread that has a bold title, you have NOT read all of the posts within. If the title is in a normal font, you're up to date.

When you search the forum, you can choose to display the results as thread titles, or as individual posts (and hopefully now that makes more sense for you).

If you do have any trouble with it, ask away - even privately, it's what I'm here for.

Enjoy!

Thanks Nathan and Tony. Cheers for the advice :) Will have a read through the d40 posts and see if my questions on diif/trans fluids have already been asked/answered, and go from there. Catch up again soon!!

Latest posts

Back