Nissan Bullbar on 2012 D40

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

YBOD

Reaction score
Does anybody have a Nissan bullbar (believe its actually an ARB bar with Nissan badge) on a 2012 D40? If so do you have any pictures of what it looks like.

I ask because I bought a second hand one off fleabay which according to the part number (when checked with Nissan) is for the R51 pathfinder or D40 Navara from 2006. However the Nissan fella did mention that he couldn't garuntee it would fit a 2012 because when he did a search for the 2011 D40 the part i had shows up, but when he searched for the 2012 D40 there was no part number shown. This could imply one of two things; the "from 2006" bar fits the 2012 or only up to the 2011 and there is no Nissan bar for the 2012.

Anyway, because it was being offered for a good price I took a chance and bought the bar. It's now fitted and all good, however I can't help looking as it and wondering if it looks too low relative to the headlights/top of bonnet.

20121023_073758.jpg

If anybody has photos on one on their truck so i can compare it would help to put my mind at rest.

Cheers

Cheers mate, just couldn't help wondering if it wasn't supposed to sit a bit higher so its completely clear of the indicators

ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1357443900.548443.jpg

2012 D40 fitted with an ARB Bullbar

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1357443874.615543.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1357443874.615543.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 195
If that's the bullbar from a 2006 model Navara, like you say, it's not meant to fit on your model of navara as they have changed the front as well as the mounting system that's why it does t line up with the indicators properly, nissan never actually offered a steel bullbar for the latest stx st models with the 140kw Diesel engine that bullbar only suits the 127kw diesel engined models.

Ohh and in regards to it being an arb bar, once upon a time nissan did you arb for there bullbar and tow at production, but nissan actually now have there own bullbar and rowboat am if action plant

Nissan are selling rowboats now? Probably void the warranty if you take them in the water.

Maybe they could make a "rowboat package" so instead of a bull bar, tow bar and snorkel you could get under the tray and front bumper filled with expand a foam and they supplied oars when you purchased it so you could use the car as a rowboat. Kinda like what top gear did with both the hilux and the nissan when they went into the English channel. Except with paddles instead of an outboard, lol

Knowing Nissan they'd leave the oars out, after all their customer service usually leaves you up $hit creek without a paddle

Yeah but lets not let common sense and the ability to read typos get in the way of a good yarn.

From the original photos some may notice that my bullbar is lacking the rubber trims/bumpers. They should look like this:

1626dcc_20.jpeg

These were missing when I bought it and I'd like to get my hands on some replacement trims and wondered if anybody had any they would willing to sell or if anybody is breaking up an Nissan with a bullbar (I believe they are the same as patrol,pathfinder etc)

Anybody have anything?

Latest posts

Back