Nissan Dealers. The good, the bad and the ugly.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pjmcdougall

Reaction score
Just thought I'd share a bad experience I had some years back with my first D40 STX. My wife scrapped a gutter (OK it was me) so I did the right thing and took it to my local Nissan dealer in Petrie BNE. Not the dealer I bought the vehicle from. The vehicle seemed OK and the steering wheel was still central so this was just to put my mind at rest. Anyways, got a phone call from the dealer who said they can't do the wheel alignment and he'd prefer to discuss the matter in person. On arrival to the dealership the forman told me my front end was badly misaligned and it was irreparable. I told him the vehicle was only a couple of months old and if that was the case he needed to fix it under warranty. He replied it was not his problem and take it back to where you bought it from. I called the manager the next day and got the same cold response, I was dumb founded - just couldn't believe the rude and insensitive behaviour. To cut a very, very long story short, I did end up taking the vehicle back to the dealer I bought it from and they confirmed that the alignment was "perfect". What the hell !! Yup, the idiots at the Petrie dealership had a mis-calibrated wheel alignment machine. The whole ordeal nearly killed me with worry. No shit.

Irrepairable. anything can be repaired . any decent knowledged mechanical minded person can visually inspect the under susspension areas for signs of impact causing damage without the need you use the modern wheel alighment tool. and as for Calibration of this tool , wonder how many alignments these guys have stuffed up. name and shame i reacon.

In other words
'well try bluff him into paying for something that's not broken'

You say " warranty"

'Shit he called the bluff, play dumb'

My local nissan dealer side swipped my nav on a steal pole on the 40,000 k service. The expensive service. Long story short after my misses pulling me back over the counter after wanting to murder someone, and making them pay for my panel beater to fix it not there's they wanted me to pay the $940 bucks for the service before they gave me a curtsey car.. Grrr my mate fixed the car perfectly and my local arb dealer services my car now ��

...wonder how many alignments these guys have stuffed up. name and shame i reacon.

Yup, exactly what I was thinking. I even got them to give me the print out from the machine. It showed the kingpin steering axis inclination off the scale. I only found out their machine was faulty when I got a mate to ring up weeks later and enquire about a wheel alignment. They said their machine was out of order for repairs.
PS. I was more pissed off that they told me to take my car back to where I bought it from.

My local nissan dealer side swipped my nav on a steal pole on the 40,000 k service. The expensive service. Long story short after my misses pulling me back over the counter after wanting to murder someone, and making them pay for my panel beater to fix it not there's they wanted me to pay the $940 bucks for the service before they gave me a curtsey car.. Grrr my mate fixed the car perfectly and my local arb dealer services my car now ��

Bastards should have waived the cost of the 40K service and I'm sure you'd still be a paying customer. Don't worry, I'm two Nissan dealers down, onto my 3rd. Thats Metro Nissan at Windsor in Brisbane. Been very good so far, touch wood.

Most Nissan dealer service centers are hopeless. The one here locally. I'll name them- Westco Nissan, Cairns is not so much hopeless but totally dis-functional. After multi cluster F's I had under warranty I said to one called service adviser "your really under the pump here" she replied "This place is ridiculous." Not confidence inspiring when having a warranty issues. I ended up sorting it out for myself. Since then it's been a very good truck with no problems. Best advice is don't go near them even if it cost you a few bob you'll have peace of mind and be better off in the long run.

Well I must be the odd one out. I take my 2010 D40 to Grand Nissan at Morphett Vale for service (have done since new when I bought it there) and have had nothing but excellent service from them. Have only had a couple of minor warranty problems and they were fixed without question. Just had the 80,000 service (Ouch!!!) and they gave me a new NP300 for the day!

Back