No Dash or Tailights

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wingnut46

Reaction score
Hey,

I know there is already a topic covering this but i couldnt find the right information.

I have followed all directions when installing cd player.
The illumination wire is not connected and neither are the rear speaker wires as my navara is a 2001 single cab. There is only one more wire left and its grey with black dash/lines on it not a continuous line.

I have taped all wires that arnt being used so they arnt exposed.

I have also checked and replaced any fuse in the kick panel and under the bonnet that i can see that i think would affect these lights working.

Does anyone have any idea as to what is going wrong.

Thanks,
Keith

The usual culprit with any stereo install is the earth point which Nissan often shares with the instrument cluster. It's possible to separately earth the body of the radio to a good earth under the dash and have it all come good again. That's what I'd try first.

orange wire... that was the one that stuffed me over on my 2002 single cab anyway.

The usual culprit with any stereo install is the earth point which Nissan often shares with the instrument cluster. It's possible to separately earth the body of the radio to a good earth under the dash and have it all come good again. That's what I'd try first.

Hi,
Thanks for your reply. The earth wire coming out of the sony headunit loom is earthed behind the unit onto metal.
Is it possible the grey wire with the black lines on it that is coming out of the standard navara loom is an earth? Currently is taped up not being used. It and the rear speaker wires are the only 5 wires that arnt being used.
Also, are there any particular fuses I should check. I've been through the fuse box under steering wheel and the two boxes behind the battery and they all seem fine and have replaced all that I believe are related to lighting.
Thanks for your help.
Keith

orange wire... that was the one that stuffed me over on my 2002 single cab anyway.

Hey,
Currently the orange wire is disconnected and taped up. I have a feeling it's an earth or fuse problem. All obvious fuses are checked and replaced so a bit stuck as to where to go from here.
Cheers for your reply.
Keith

I had the exact same problem when I put in a new system. It turned out to be a bust fuse in the fuse panel in my case. I would suggest checking them all again.

when i installed a head unit in i had the same problem, no tail or dash lights. it was a fuse. was in a d40 but.

Hi there, I have checked all fuses again and still can't see any that are sus plus I replaced quite a few of them. Does anyone know which fuse they had to replace to get their Lights working again? Also checked the earth on the headunit and it's definately running seperatly and screwed into steel behind dash.
Cheers

just went and looked at a 1999 nav and theres fuses in a box behind the battery. illumination fuse is in fuse panel on drivers side. its on the top row 4 in from the left. 10a. also do they work with the engine running

Last edited:
They don't work with the engine running. All fuses checked again and no luck. I have a feeling that because it is an ex Telstra car the previous owner told me it had a big toolbox tray on it when he brought it and swapped it with a tray. I noticed on the fuse board extra fuses and hand written labels for things they must of installed when it was a Telstra vechile. There is also random home done looms under the dash that arnt connected any more. I reckon they have stuffed up a circuit somewhere when swapping trays. This weekend I'm going to splice into the head light switch wire and re run all the wires to tail lights,speedo light, number plate light and aircon light and just run them on the same circuit as the headlights. Getting desperate because I can't keep driving around with just brake lights lol. I connected acc to the illum(orange wire) and had constant tail and dash lights but it blew fuse for stop lights so the easiest way to re wire would be run head light switch to the illum wire which I'll try first and see if it blows fuse again if it does I'll have to run each wire. What do you guys think about doing this?

just had a look at the stereo on the d22 and the only 2 wire i used on the original wiring were the red/black stripe, and green/white stripe. red went to head units constant power supply, and green was trigger wire for a relay for the stereo. ran new power wire from battery to relay then from relay to head unit. head unit kept shutting down cause of the small gauge wires in original loom. have you checked that you have power going to the illumination fuse?

Latest posts

Back