Not one, but Two?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G'day

a "mod plate" may have a few different names. Requirements can vary from State to State. One example,if you do a Suspension upgrade you still cannot legally carry any more weight unless you have the mod plate.

Funny thing, when I built a tipper tray for the same vehicle I did not need a mod plate for it. I think if it is a factory option then mod plate may not be required.

A good after-market manufacturer should be able to supply the mod plate if required

The valves would be available from plumbing/irrigation supply shop. They are similar to regular ball valves except they have a third outlet in a T shape. So you have flow to the main branch from either the right or left, depending which way you turn the valve.

Aaaah - That makes sense...

I'll go and have a look for some valves and that will help me decide if "this is the option for me".

I'm figuring I could have a switch that is operated by the lever on the ball valve that turns on the lift pump in the active tank, as well as switching over the fuel sender.

Then I can decide if I should have a separate fuel/water separator (I like the idea, in principle).

Decisions, decisions...

G'day

The Hilux originally had independent filters but it seemed to be unnecessary in my opinion and only an additional expense.

Latest posts

Back