Oil from manifold to turbo

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Good morning all.

I posted a while back some issues I had with my d40 YD25 . It is a 2008 model. Redid the engine. New bearing, Pistons, rings . Etc. Also new turbo. After failing to start I replaced the head and 1 injector that was leaking. The other 3 was refurbished about 500km earlier.

Here is my question. It start fairly easy. But soon after this maybe 10 to 15 seconds. It's starts blowing white smoke from the exhaust. And not like a hard to see smoke. I am talking about a smoke screen that will give James Bond tears in his eyes. This whilst standing still. I cleaned, intercooler and all piping. Blocked the EGR. I now noticed some oil from the joint where the turbo and exhaust manifold joins. Obviously the concern is the oils is getting from the engine to the turbo this way causing the smoke.

What could be the cause of this. The turbo is still brand new and has done maybe 500km if that much.

wondering if it is an automatic?
could it be your dpf sensors are oily or faulty and therefore not reading correctly

hi
manual 4 x4 model. Thai spec.

my theory was or is either oil level is to high and therefore oil is pushed up through the breather pipe on tappet cover. I cannot think of any other possible reason for this.

originally did a compression test and the compression was below spec. replaced with a new head. also replaced head gasket with new one from agents. So definitely not a blown head gasket, or any other valve stem seal or other seal or gasket related to the head.

the second possibility could be the copper seal on the injectors as I did not replace these. They were seriously over priced at the agents and I was not going to hand out almost 300 buck an injector for this. not sure if oil can get passed the injector if they copper washer/ gasket is perhaps not 100%. below is a photo I borrowed from another post showing the flange where the oil is pushed out. I removed the piping from the intercooler to check if this might be the culprit that is when i saw the oil coming form the flange.
turbo.jpg

Latest posts

Back