Ok Nav Nuts, need info Warn12000 VR Series

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tomo07

Reaction score
Ok buying a winch and need some info.

Warn has a new winch the 'VR' Series. I am looking at buying the 12000lb winch for 780.00 (AUD)

I have seen these being sold in Australia for as much as 4000.00!

Anyway here's the link.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/WARN-86260-...Parts_Accessories&hash=item5ae9dd3d36&vxp=mtr

Before you look, Anyone running these? & are they any good? It's a good price especially compared to 4000 grand for the same unit!

It just sounds a bit cheap, even compared to other Warn products that are much more expensive yet smaller 9500lbxp for example

Love some feedback as I am very seriously about to click Buy it Now!

Regards Tomo07.

Good find. Hmm I might upgrade from my tigers 12000lb winch after hearing bad reports on it to a reliable warn that I can trust. I couldn't get photos on my fone. Is it a real warn or a fake for that price though.

Hey Hosery, yeah dunno thou hence the post. they sound good and are genuine Warn.

Just hoping some out there is running one. as I need some feedback.

Found a seller on E Bay asking 3990.00 for the same unit here in Australia. So big Savings to be had. cheers Tomo07.

not sure, sent them a message waiting for a reply. however they are saying free shipping in the add.

at that price it wouldn't bother me to much about the shipping cost. Just waiting on some feedback on the winch, surly someone has one even if it is a new range.

Will let you know the shipping cost (if there is one ) when I hear back

Tomo07.

Hhmmm yeah the old Tabor, entry level Warn winch. Apparently with chinese parts, mabye someone can clear that up. anyway, not the same as the VR Series I was refering to.

Again any feedback on the 12000LB VR series Warn much apprciated, cheers Tomo07.

No joe, not at all mate. just really keen on this winch but want some feedback first is all.

I don't know much either, just done some research tonight on the tabors.

Tomo07.

Damn man, that is cheap but a shipping weight of 40kg (according to the ad) that would cost a hell of a lot for air freight. Not as bad for sea but it will take a while that way... usps postage may be OK but don't be surprised if the postage is around $500...

As for how good they are I couldn't say. I have a supercheap ridge ryder 12000lb on mine with synthetic rope, only weighs around 25kg I believe and works fine. They have them on sale fairly often for around $600. Obviously not a warn but maybe something else to consider...

Ok, just got e-mail back.
400 - 500 US dollars post, free shipping only applied to the US.
anyway depends where in Oz you are it's a big place!

Still, that say... 1100 - 1200 hundred aussie dollars posted, not bad.
Just need to find out if they are any good now. So if you are running the new Warn VR Series, let us know how they are particually the 12000lb.

Cheers tomo07.

your better off buying the warn XD9000, i think i payed $12-$1300 and have a local warranty and its powerful enough for a Nav or buy one of the cheaper ones localy so you can get it fixed if something does play up.

Mate why wast your money? They are exactly the same as a cheapy Chinese winch. All he lower scale warns are Chinese built crap!

your better off buying the warn XD9000, i think i payed $12-$1300 and have a local warranty and its powerful enough for a Nav or buy one of the cheaper ones localy so you can get it fixed if something does play up.

Exactly as you say no warranty, Warn australia wont touch it and dont have any legal obligation to. That said i bought a brand new warn motor from arb for my xd9000 warn winch and the motor is made in friggen china. So who knows is dearer any better than cheaper if its all made in china

Ok... Ourd40, you say a XD900 for 12 - 1300? Sold, forget the new VR series they probably do hav the Chinese parts in them. At least the XD9000's are a proven winch, where you get it?

Tomo07.

how then could you justify sell a VR series Warn for 4000.00 if they are crap? and why do poeple pay it! It really does pay to shop around.

Still if your running the new Warn VR Series winch, let us know what you think.

Latest posts

Back