Parting out zd30 d22 expectations + stuck aligning timing cogs

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tomas7

Reaction score
Hey guys, put this on general as it hits a few categories and just need general advice. recently have had the fuel pump clack out on me and not being able to afford a rebuilt one I bought a 2nd hand pump expecting 80k km out of it tops before job has to be redone, but even 3 or 4 of these cheap jobs ( when I expect the engine to completely be done) comes in well cheaper than the cost of a rebuilt one, significantly.
Now it’s all installed but I made the rookie mistake of not aligning the timing cogs before so I could slip the pump out and back on trouble free I’ve been forced to tear further down into the engine aligning things. Cams are sorted, it’s just down by the crank that I’m troubled with, simply confused as the cog directly meshing to the fuel pump appears to be made from three parts, top being freely spinning and the bottom two fixed. Any videos only have one so I have nothing to reference to. Began to pull off front cover to simply have a look but haven’t been able to get the crank pulley for the belt off. I’m too scared to use that starter trick as well mine is fairly deconstructed and things are everywhere. Anyway, as I get deeper (being a full time uni student) thoughts of parting it out flash across my mind. I just wanted to know what to expect if I were to. My plan at this stage would be to pull parts off myself and post or drop them off at buyers accordingly. I would attempt to undercut most people as I can’t really have it sitting around for ages. So keeping in mind let’s say 15-20% cheaper or so how much could I roughly get. There is inevitably more than 7k (my goal) in parts but only to the right buyers. Is this a feasible goal?

The Ute in question is 2007, has about 330,000km, is in pretty bloody good nick just simply isn’t running due to my incompetence. Ie no proper body damage, front lights bit cloudy, interior is sweet excluding small tear in carpet and minor expected. Aside from that everything mechanical to my knowledge is sweet, the ac does not work but did a little diagnosis, found the fan motor to be fucked, repslaced that but haven’t been able to test.
I’ve also got a few more items liek a complete set of seatbelts couple shrouds and plastic whatever.

So if any one has advice on those three specific things; weird three piece cog, crank pulley or cutting my loses and parting it out it would be very much appreciated.

Latest posts

Back