Please swim between the flags!

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RLI

Reaction score
G’day Trendsetters!

With the warmer weather upon us once again, please be vigilant whilst swimming in the surf!

Last Wednesday, four young Korean back-packers were saved by three local high school students (also members of the Woolgoolga Surf lifesaving club) at Woolgoolga beach. Three days later on Saturday two Korean men were caught in a strong rip and unfortunately, one of the men is still missing at sea presumed drowned.

PLEASE: Have a fantastic summer, be safe and swim only at patrolled beaches and also remember, PLEASE SWIM BETWEEN THE FLAGS!

PS, Has a member of Marine rescue, PLEASE BE SAFE OUT THERE!

Regards,

RLI
:shotgun:

I pulled 3 people from the water before i had even turned 14. A lot of people lack common sense when it comes to the beach, and disregard direcions given by lifesavers. Every time im at the beach im telling people to stay away from rips here or there.

I pulled 3 people from the water before i had even turned 14. A lot of people lack common sense when it comes to the beach, and disregard direcions given by lifesavers. Every time im at the beach im telling people to stay away from rips here or there.

G'day Morticus,

So true mate, when it comes to common sense with regards, to rips!

Regards,

RLI
:rambo:

Fish between the flags and throw back all the undersize ones because too many people will be watching.

Wait bait do I use for children? Lolli pops are hard to get on a hook

As long as it sparkles they will chase it, they love shiny things. Just be sure to chuck back the over sized ones, they might be legal size but no one really wants them.

Good intentions RLI, but I don't think many Korean back packers are reading this forum!!

G'day Bullwinkle,

If this thread just jogs any of our members and whom ever else that reads this thread, and potentially saves a live or injury, then i am happy!

PS, I have to try, its just my nature!

Regards,

RLI
:rambo:

Yeah, I know mate, just poking a bit of shit at ya! I nearly drowned in Lake Wendouree in Ballarat when I was 7, so your warning is pretty valid. Would you believe a bloody swan pulled me in!

Oh, and when you said "G'day trendsetters" I could have sworn Rodney Rude had joined the forum!!

Hope you're well and the arse is behaving itself.

Latest posts

Back