Power Issue

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mason D40

Reaction score
Hi All,

This is my first post ever having just joined the group. I’m hoping I can gather some information on the issue I’ve had for quite a while now.

The beast:
Nissan Navara Aventura 2009 2.5 Manual D40.

A quick rundown on what I’ve already done to solve the issue is I’ve replaced the turbo solenoid, replaced the suction control valve, new EGR valve and new hot intake pipe. All been reset with the special foot pedal dance.

Current Codes showing are P1272 and P0409.
Engine Management Light - ON.

The issue:
for some reason when the engine is sat at idle, could be at a traffic light or just started up and left running for a couple of mins, it loses 90% power, almost like it’s in limp mode.

The interim fix:
Upon a quick turn of the key, switching the engine off and on the truck will come back to life until it once again comes sat at idle. Then, the issue continues. Rinse and repeat.

Does anyone have any clue on what this could be as I’m throwing money at the old girl at this point. I’ve heard it could be the Fuel Rail Pressure Relief Valve but there’s not much I no out there on this one.

It sounds like classic SCV issues, but you've already replaced that.

You might have debris on the fuel tank pickup. This one's tough, because you need to drain the tank and remove it (although that's not expensive in $ terms, it takes time and effort).

Try removing the electrical connection from the SCV, injectors etc and then putting them back on (a couple of times each, just to be sure to be sure to be sure). That will resolve any possible electrical issue with those plugs (might do the fuel rail pressure sensor's connection too).

If none of that worked, try this: with about half a tank of fuel in the car, remove the fuel cap and drive the car hard but do NOT make right hand turns with any sort of anger. If that fixed it, I'd say your new SCV suctions worse than the old one.

i only have old manual but it says injection pump for the first code. it may be a voltage issue. bad connection, earth issue or even interference.
2nd code i suspect is egr related but its not in my book.

Latest posts

Back