Purchasing a 2007 D40

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brownie82

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Just signed up tonight and have really enjoyed looking though the forums to see how people have modified their trucks.

I am in the market for a 4x4 so i can make the most of what beautiful QLD has to offer. Currently have a Ve ute that i bought for my Dirt bike. Now with kids on the horizon its time to up size to a dual cab and i though i may as well go 4x4 while I'm at it.

I have been looking around at different types of trucks and always find myself coming back to the Navara (D40's in particular). I'm keen on an STX as i really like the idea of the rear fold seats for extra storage among other features).

So down to my main reason for posting I've found a 2007 D40 STX with 67000 ks for around the price i want to pay (hoping to get it a little cheaper). Is there anything that I should be looking out for with regards to the truck being a bit older? Its stock as a rock so I doubt its had to hard a life (although i know its 4BY and that's what they are for). I hear there are a few recalls is there any in particular that i should inquire about?

I think that's all I wanted to ask. If there is anything that anybody thinks I should be informed of then please don't hesitate to post or PM me.

I look forward to pottering around here more often should i go ahead and get one. Also i hope to see some of you out and about enjoying this great country in which we live.

Take care and thanks in advance.

Cheers,
Brownie

welcome to the forum Brownie.
You can check for any recalls that are applicable to your nav by using the vin, just call Nissan australia and they will tell you or there is a web site you can go to that will list all aus recalls (i just cant remember the address a google search will get it though)
i think the 07 gets a bonnet strap and front coil upgrade if you are running a bull bar or intend on running a bull bar

Welcome to the forums.

Recalls.gov.au There is a bonnet recall, a wheel recall and possibly a tail light recall that may effect a D40of that age.

There was some issues with the manuals in that range but it mainly related to towing heavy loads from what I remember.

Otherwise if it's got a good service record chances are it will be a decent ute.

So I pick my Ute up today.Ended up getting an 08 STX Dualcab, in Black. Very excited and looking forward to getting out in the bush and beach. Specially if this QLD weather stays like this.

Cheers.
Brownie

I bought an 07 STX last year - best ute ive owned so far. Beauty of the 08 is you should have the stereo with aux in... But as was stated about the recalls, the only issue i had were the wheels, which nissan replaced. Enjoy your new ute! I was getting a VE SS until we found out the Mrs was expecting...

Nice :top:

Thing I regret about getting the D22 is the non existant rear legroom, and with 2 bean sprout teenage daughters, I know they a bit cramped in the back.

Nice :top:

Thing I regret about getting the D22 is the non existant rear legroom, and with 2 bean sprout teenage daughters, I know they a bit cramped in the back.

Thanks guys, yeah i think i will enjoy it. I will have to get used to driving a deisel and not revving to hard.

Yeah the legroom was an issue for me aswell with the D22's. Had the dog in the back with the seats folded up. He loved it.

And as it turns out we are also expecting, still early days....

Am now officially apart of the forum, be prepared for many questions.

Brownie

And as it turns out we are also expecting, still early days....

Am now officially apart of the forum, be prepared for many questions.

If the first question is "How did that happen?" you might be on the wrong forum :sarcastic:

Latest posts

Back