qd32 power loss

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

e50guy

Reaction score
hello guys

new member here seeking some advice on the qd32eti. i have read that the d22s have these engines is that correct??

we have an elgrand with this engine that has power loss and wont rev over 2k. were trying to get the secondary mesh diesel filter out to see if its grubby but cant get at it. tried abit of wire and even a magnet with a metal rod down there but no joy. doesnt even sound like theres anything in the IP feed port. we do have a mesh filter in the return tho that cant be removed and is pressed in.

any tips or advice on getting this filter out? cant seem to feel anything down there with the metal hook either? altho im 90% sure i saw the spring when i took the banjo bolt out, but thought i pay have pushed it down futher when trying to retrieve it with the wire. if not this then what else could be causing the power loss to the engine? we have had a scanner on it but only nissan data scan lite as its a jap import and doesnt use obd. it comes up with needle lift sensor, checked the injector with the lift sensor in tho and resistance is fine

cheers people

sorry but navara never had that engine. it was fitted to the terrano's. navara only had the qd32 which uses a different injection pump.
if i remember right common issue with it is the pump itself wearing.

check that your looking at the right banjo, the returns often have a spring and ball (one way valve) while inlets have the mesh.

ok my bad apologies. yea we had the return off yesterday and knackered the rubber seal thing thats on the leak off bolt on the return. do u have a diagram of which order this all goes back in? we tried yesterday but split the rubber trying to tighten the bolt

https://ibb.co/NCfqN2N
looks like that (img off google)

any help appreciated mate thankyou

Latest posts

Back