Qld - Glasshouse Mts Info needed

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grasshopper

Reaction score
Folks,
I am trying to plan out an overnight 4x4 drive about the Glasshouse Mts with my GF.
Now I've watched the Roothy crew do their thing in the area from:
Amamoor to Amamoor State Forest and tracks to Imbil.
Then onto tracks to Lake Borumba and on to Kenilworth State Forest and the "Death Hill" track.

Now my D40 does not have any lockers, no power winch, nor a body lift.
Only 2" suspension lift and 255/70/16 ATs (stock size). A hand winch, pulley block, straps aplenty and tree protectors etc, with numerous rated D shackles.

Can those in D40s that have driven these trails please give me some feedback on their trips and their thoughts on my ute's limitations vs the above tracks and any work-a-rounds that may be more wise?

Thanks

ive got a d22 n head out there a fair bit, theres a lot of rutty hill climbs, theres allways a chicken track around hard stuff, a lot of glasshouse mountains is slow driving flexy stuff and a fair few mudholes, most are pretty dry at the moment, I usually start at twin view road go off the bitumen onto a dirt road and head along there up hennesys hill and onto beerburrum woodford road n go left until u go up a hill n sweeps to the left and on your right is the horse shoe, you will see an off camber hill climb that resembles a horse shoe, if you look left down a hill there is big red, little red, competition style trucks, type stuff. I usually head north from the horse shoe theres is some easy but fun four wheel driving tracks along there, just gotta pick your right line so you don't end braking something or getting stuck. :)

Thanks scottyv21 for the info.
Still very much in the early planning stage. And looking for other forumites that want to share the adventure.
I'm trying had to justify buying a Runva winch, but the no work thing is crippling my plans.

I go there often grasshopper it's as hard as you want it to be i probably will come along when you go remember i was behind your rig on the Condamine run at the muster,also Mt Mee is good for a run and a top campground and creek.
John

There's a fair bit of distance between GH and Amamoor/Imbil, etc that u mentioned.

U could start at Charlie Moreland Kenilworth, then head nth via the tracks and come out near Borumba dam. From here u can go 2 ways. (1) One is the track behind the Dam along Mt Buggery Rd which will bring u out near LCMP, & from there u could camp at Peachtrees.
(2) Is continue Nth along the bush tracks and come out around Cedar Creek in Amamoor SF. There is plenty of good > hard tracks up through there if u know where to look.

Thanks for the info guys -
jason-navara, happy john, and robmacca.

Guess i need to do some Google Maps showing the ways into the tracks we are all talking about, so that it is easier to find my way as I have not been there before.
I am going to go with the info that these are all legal tracks and anyone with a 4x4 can drive them.

Though I will also look for info about any permits needed for the State Forests etc for camping.

Back