Random flickering engine light

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MickR

NF Supporter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi all, back again with the next intriguing Navara issue. My engine light is flickering randomly, not flashing, and mostly out, but flickering often enough to make me investigate. No loss of power, in fact no impact on performance that I can find at all. Pulled the codes:
0703 - injection pump communication line
0407 - crank position sensor
0103 - coolant temp sensor
0905- intake air pressure pressure sensor

Apart from being on the ZD30 engine somewhere not much links here in my mind, any ideas welcome.

clear the codes and check later to see if they come back.

first thing i would check is engine earths. do you have a 2nd battery installed?

Hi Tweake, thanks mate, I’ll clear the codes today, and report back. Checked earths, still really clean and tight. No second battery fitted. Would it/ could it have anything to do with me blanking the erg pipe out completely following its failure in Dec last year?

nothing to do with egr, unless you bumped a connector/connection somewhere while working on it.

Sorry for the long time between reporting back, work got in the way. Cleared the codes, reset them. Only 1 code came back 0905. Intake air pressure sensor. took it off, tried to clean it, had an impact, now I have a full non flickering engine light.

I'm happy with that as I know it's either that sensor or the wiring to it. I've ordered a sensor and will update once I have replaced it.

I would have checked the Alternator / Battery volts and the earthing as well.

That many codes and a flickering light, Electrical basics would have been my first stop..

Latest posts

Back