replacing a tub

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

David Service

Reaction score
Hi I am replacing the tub on my Nissan Navara 2011, D40, Thai built, are there any hints as to what to do

thanks the fuel filler may be interesting for two reasons. One is I have not had a close look at how to separate the filler from the tub and reconnect it. Two: the replacement tub had a keyed fuel door and the fuel door on my car has a button in the cab to pop it open. The replacement fuel filler has a square hole in the tub and will be interesting to see if they match

The keyed type, from my experience, are Spain built
Where I would be guessing your Nav is a Thai?

I had an Aluminium canopy put on the back of my 2011 d40 [replacing the tub] and the fuel filler had been kinked when fitted to the tray. I took it to my mechanic and he had to splice a flexible hose in. Be careful, they dont flex too far.

I had an Aluminium canopy put on the back of my 2011 d40 [replacing the tub] and the fuel filler had been kinked when fitted to the tray. I took it to my mechanic and he had to splice a flexible hose in. Be careful, they dont flex too far.
thank I'll keep that in mind

I've not done it myself, but it's obviously been done numerous times by those selling trays.

The key things to watch: the fuel filler and the tail light wiring.
I know there is a difference between a D40 2.5 and the V9X 550, the 550 is wider to accommodate the V6, apparently you can't bolt a V6 into a D40 that had a 2.5, would that also go for the tub?

I know there is a difference between a D40 2.5 and the V9X 550, the 550 is wider to accommodate the V6, apparently you can't bolt a V6 into a D40 that had a 2.5, would that also go for the tub?
I have spoken to a local panel beater and a Nissan mechanic who both suggested that the front end of a Nissan Navara there is a poor match between Thai-built and Spanish built but the rear it was suggested that shape might/should match but where unsure if the bolts lined up.

I have successfully swapped a tub from a YD VSK to a V9X550 and the ali tray from the V9X over to the YD.
Not overly challenging but did take longer than expected because,as usual, it's all the little fiddly things like wiring & fuel filler that slow your down.
There's different flexible sections from the fuel tank up to the steel fuel filler, depending on tub or tray.
We used 4 ratchet straps from each corner of tub straight up to shed truss beams, and then drove the utes in/out as needed.

I have now put a Spanish-built tub on my Thai-built Navara. Two of the four tie-down bolts the ones at the back had to be elongated to accommodate the wider bolt spacings. The back cover plate to attach the number plate to has two covered-up holes that need to be opened up because the Spanish version has a stand-on bumper bar instead of a cover plate. The fuel filler door needs the Spanish locking mechanism as the push button mechanism won't fit in the space and need to be strapped to one side. I am hoping the key can be cut for the lock by the locksmith.

Latest posts

Back