robbos red centre adventure

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
great pictures mate, thanks for sharing... did you have any dramas with the nav on the rough roads?...

we did have our fair share of dramas Alice Sprigs repair shops do a roaring trade

at Alice we
replaced 3 tyres the mtz's where at 50% when we left
replaced battery boiled it on the trip up
had the exhaust mounts re welded
replace car and trailer plug ends from stone damage
the key got stuck in the ignition and wouldn't come out due to vibrations with a few more 1000k's of corrugations it came good again
traveling along the plenty hwy the turbo shook lose major drama was only getting 300ks to 100L and had no go, nissan at mt isa wouldn't look at it for 2 weeks so i fixed it in the winton caravan park at night (40c during the day)
after that is was easy st all the way home

the long range tank split at dalhousie springs managed to do a bush repair till alice and put some putty on it. when i got it repaired my the manufacture back in melbourne they found 4 holes

I carried good selection of tools and repair equipment for the "just in case" and was glad i packed it for this trip

what's a trip without some dramas? sounds like an awesome trip regardless.
quick question how do you repair a leaking tank with the fuel squirting out? i carry some jb weld with me but obviously that requires a clean surface, etc.

there were 2 pin holes in welds and 2 split seams. the major leak was a medium drip it was a 50mm split in a weld about 150mm from the bottom so it still held about 60L to repair it i cleaned it with unleaded and super glued a radial tyre patch to it that slowed it up until we got the putty at alice

Just done most of that area. Plan an early start and late finish if going out to Poeppels corner just for the day. Apart from that a great trip. Birdsville fuel cheaper at servo near pub. Heaps of mozzies at Coward Springs. Camping near Farina township ruins is also a good spot.

Back