Roof rack help???

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

filth7948

Reaction score
Hey guys

Just purchased a 2.5m tigerz11 awning and now after some advice on which roof rack to purchase. not sure which is best between the roof track mount type or cheaper options removable type. ive sussed both nissan and rola brands...

whats peoples opinions? any help would be awesome. i own a 2009 stx dual cab with canopy. cheers

If your happy to rivit to the roof go the fixed option.
If your not to keen on that go the clamp ones.

Brand wise rhino are good. They also have heavy duty profile or slim line profile bars too.

Really up to you mate

The clamp ones will leak. I had the genuine ones and they leaked and cut the rubbers.
All fixed under warranty but nissan said there was no way to put on racks that wouldn't leak.
So now I have none..
So I would go the fixed if you really need them...

i went for the Prorack brand which are simular to the Rola brand but cheap and just as good plus these are the areo type that won.t howl when driving on the highway. i got the complete kit with the tracks as i don.t like the clamp on type and also the Tiger11 awning attatches to the ends of these racks very easy and solid via the L brackets. cost approx $238 from Repco. these are D22 not D40 as the d40 tracks etc are different.

Fixed rhino racks are the way to go in my opinion.

Fit them yourself (save around $100-$150) just READ instructions carefully before attempting it. (Drilling holes in your roof is nervous work if your not familiar doing it)

Make sure you have all the right tools... (Marker of sum sort, tape measure, drill set, drill, pointy nose punch, rivet gun and some waterproof silicon) and a six pack for your buddy to give you a hand doing it. Lol

I did not buy my cross rails made them at work saved a further $100+ (40 by 40 RHS)
Cheap as $20 bucks for 2 1400mm bits got them powder coated drilled some holes and boom! Done! ImageUploadedByTapatalk1400837891.952787.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1400837968.735212.jpg

100kg rating on them better than the doorjam 1s

Goodluck bra!

Latest posts

Back