RTC steering damper legal in NZ?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Milky

Reaction score
Gday guys, I have a D22 ST-R 2009. I have recently added a tough dog RTC steering damper after a 2+2 lift with 285/75/16s. Just wondering what the legalities are in NZ for the RTC as looking to get everything certed.
Cheers

have a chat with the certifier about the steering damper. i can't remember what the rule is for those.
a body lift is automatically a cert item, your not getting a wof without a cert for that.
make sure you get every mod you want done before cert (even gauges can be a cert item). keep in mind that the wheels are part of the cert and requires recert if you change them later.
make sure the tires are within the guard.

have a chat with the certifier about the steering damper. i can't remember what the rule is for those.
a body lift is automatically a cert item, your not getting a wof without a cert for that.
make sure you get every mod you want done before cert (even gauges can be a cert item). keep in mind that the wheels are part of the cert and requires recert if you change them later.
make sure the tires are within the guard.
Thanks Tweak’e,
Yeah I will ask about the RTC before I take it in. Easy to remove if need be. Putting on rubber extensions on wheel arch to ensure tyres are within limits. Went a 16x8 0 offset, so stick past guard about an inch. Have had the body lift for a few years now and never had a problem with getting a WOF. Whoops. Being originally from Aus, I didn’t realise they needed a cert here in NZ until a mate told me. Want it all sorted for insurance purposes.

Gday guys, just an update. Vehicle is now certified. For your info, all mods on the vehicle will be looked at, not just the one that requires certification. So I needed the body lift certified, but got the 2inch suspension lift, wheels and tyres, flares and steering damper certed too. With regards to the RTC steering damper, they weren’t happy with this. I had to remove the spring and essentially make it a standard damper for them to be happy. Hope this helps, cheers

Latest posts

Back