Shock-ing! Calling all Calmini UCA for feedback

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well yet another update. This time, a breakthrough I believe.
Big thanks to Ridgie, who pointed out what could be the issue. We compared the model numbers of OME shocks, as his original ones got stuffed, but his replacement were a different model number and longer.

The old buggered ones - 60034 - 355mm from top metal washer to bottom of mounting eye.

The replacement - 60021 - 380mm - from top metal washer to bottom of mounting eye.

Yep, no surprises, that I'm the lucky owner of the shorter ones. Now this may or may not solve my issue. But 25mm, might have made all the difference. One begins to wonder, if ARB slotted in a wrong set of shocks, when they fitted my lift kit. Same goes for Ridgie's situation, he may have been in the same boat.

Now me mate owes me a slab I believe, as a while back when I pointed out, that his shocks appear to be longer, he accused the 4 stubbies I downed prior to that for me seeing things. We put a slab on it, since he was convinced that there is only one OME shocks that fits the front D22. Hope he will read this lol.

Thanks again Ridgie. Now I'm more eager for those ranchos to arrive than ever.

You would of been better with bilsteins from the get go IMO, old man emu is just all made in china now, I hear good things about rancho though so maybe they will solve the problem.

You would of been better with bilsteins from the get go IMO, old man emu is just all made in china now, I hear good things about rancho though so maybe they will solve the problem.

Yeh I know, but I've crossed the point of no return a while ago so no turning back, now I have to stick to what I have now and get it sorted out.

I'm also starting to notice something more and more. Unsure if it is related to my shocks or not. The car wobbles sometimes when I stop, for a few seconds, or crawling at very low speeds. What I mean is it's a fast paced wobble.
Kind of like when you're stopped on a bridge, like West gate bridge at peak hour, and a semi drives past and the weight of it makes whole bridge wobble.
Kind of hard to explain, but I'm definitely noticing it more and more.

gotta be spewing about the ome shocks, being shorter than stock when they're meant to be an upgrade. looks like you've solved your problem though.

they wouldnt have had the right shocks and just fitted a different one that was close like a rodeo shock. they maybe would of measured and seen that they had enough travel with standard ucas and just used them, or they did there usually deadshit thing and didnt even know they fitted the wrong ones.
put in the different ucas and they then become to short cause they didnt use the right shock to begin with.
glad you have it sorted

Hi 180,
Can you please tell s how you know that old man emu is made in china? Just would love to know as I am connected to and know where they are built and its not overseas.
T54

they wouldnt have had the right shocks and just fitted a different one that was close like a rodeo shock. they maybe would of measured and seen that they had enough travel with standard ucas and just used them, or they did there usually deadshit thing and didnt even know they fitted the wrong ones.
put in the different ucas and they then become to short cause they didnt use the right shock to begin with.
glad you have it sorted

I actually think the 60034 - 355mm is probably the right shock for the stock UCA and the minimal lift offered with the OME suspension upgrade for a
D22 - remembering ARB don't call it a lift kit.

I can't find my stock shockers under the house - has anyone got a set to measure up?

I might check with my mechanic who is an ARB distributor and see what serial number comes up for my Nav.

What I think we have done is identified an issue with the OME shocks when aftermarket UCA's are fitted. Not really an issue with poor or incorrect fitment initially.

Just my thoughts and experience as discussed with Hodge.

Hodge, how did you go with the Ranchos? I'm currently not happy with my Ironman kit and getting quotes on the Rancho 9000s. Is the ride a lot better with the new shocks?

Latest posts

Back