Sliders VS ARB Side steps and brush bars

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scottie

Reaction score
Opinions please as i am looking into buying them soon. The good old stock side steps didnt stand a chance and where mangled out at Dalbeg in QLD last trip out.

Xrox Sliders or other brands VS ARB side steps and brush bars. I want to know the following. Is the extra $300 for the slide steps and brush bars worth it over the sliders.

1. Strength and protection given. Eg could i use a high lift jack on them and not bend and protection from rocks and sticks and bushes.
2. Clearance difference as well all know D40's have bugger all even with a lift
3. Resale valve if i go to sell the Nav
4. Usability eg being able to stand on them to access the roof. ( minor concern )

I am only after the ARB side steps and brush bars as i have a ARB winch bar and i am open to other sliders brand however i rather not have to weld on plates on the chassis.

Thanks scott

If you're in Melbourne maybe send scottybobcat a pm. He builds sliders and can probably design them differently depending on what you want them to look like

+1 on Scottybobcat sliders. They are one serious bit of gear and you could gang your car from them without them bending. Had my cars weight on them and they are still as straight as the day I got them.

yep
dont give your money to arb
give it to scott
10 x stronger than arb sliders

Arb ones have a bracket hanging down right at the ramp over angle point making them sh^t off road. I put exrox on as I dident want to weld to the chassis and am 100% happy. very strong and have saved me heaps. but no good as a step for washing the roof or for deflecting mug off the sides like steps do. if you want a step and do heaps of heavy off road I would get custom made up. if just touring light 4wding and need a step bolt on arb.

If you want ramp-over, don't buy a D40. Simple. They are just way too long in the wheelbase.

Am happy with the ARB steps and brush rails on mine. My 4wding these days is limited to hunting, fishing trips. Nothing hardcore - but then a D40 isn't what I would take into difficult terrain anyway.

Can't say I have noticed any flex in the steps on mine, and they offer the benefit of good protection from stone damage when touring.

In the end it comes down to a choice based on what you use your vehicle for.

Thanks for the input guys. Yes i know the d40 is not ment to be a serious off road 4wd however i do expect it to get me most places and so far i haven't been disappointed. And i couldnt pass up a brand new ute when for the same money i was looking at a 08 patrol with 100 000kms and upwards. I think i will go the sliders path as i want to do abit of touring and go for a play up in the mountains abit. I just wont be rock climbing or anything difficult if i wanted to do that i would have bought a GQ with a shit house body. I will keep searching to try and find myself a good deal thanks again

+ 2 for bolsys he has worked on our last 4wd and now on my Dads Caravan. when it comes time for my sliders he will be building them

I have Steel ARB side steps on my D40 and cant complain, have given them a hiding and sideways recovered the vehicle using them.

I have the ARB steps and rails on my GU, and will be putting the same on my D40.
They are the only ones that are ADR approved, is you have side or curtain airbags (I have both in mine).
Nothing else is approved.

Latest posts

Back