Steering pulling to left

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Navara Dave

Reaction score
Hi, I have noticed a number of people saying that their D40 steering pulls to the left. Mine has done this from new. Suspension is standard. I regularly check pressures - it's not that. I've rotated tyres - it's not that. I've had alignment checked numerous times - always found to be accurate. Checked brakes to make sure they are not binding - not that.
It doesn't seem to affect tyre wear.
Anyone got any ideas.

In my experience, driving sometimes in a RHD country and sometimes in a LHD country, the steering always pulls towards the kerb.
My conclusion is that the D,40 is very sensitive to road camber.

In my experience, driving sometimes in a RHD country and sometimes in a LHD country, the steering always pulls towards the kerb.
My conclusion is that the D,40 is very sensitive to road camber.
No, I don't think it's road camber. I've tested that. Also driven across France and Italy in it, always the same. Incidentally I've had it from new and it's never been in an accident.

Then I would suggest that the lower wishbone eccentric bolts need adjusting to correct the camber and caster angles.

You can buy a digital camber gauge fairly cheaply, worth getting one as well as a Y bar to mount the gauge on the wheel.

Then I would suggest that the lower wishbone eccentric bolts need adjusting to correct the camber and caster angles.

You can buy a digital camber gauge fairly cheaply, worth getting one as well as a Y bar to mount the gauge on the wheel.
Thanks for that.

Latest posts

Back