Stereo change Navara 2006

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

claes_gewalli

Reaction score
Hi!
I got a spanish built Navara 2006 and Im from Sweden and the swedish forums are not that in to navara´s so I will ask you guys instead.
I hope you can understand what I´m writing, I´m not that good att writing in english.

I dont know the name of the stereo but it has a big display on the top of the centre console and a row of buttons underneath it.

Under the AC controls there is a 6 disc CD changer and under the passenger seat there is a DVD for the map disc.

Here is a picture of it: https://www.google.se/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&docid=7V4GrZQAIPZeBM&tbnid=HYVlCz9C9uWwKM:&ved=0CAUQjRw&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nissan-navara.net%2Fviewtopic.php%3Ff%3D42%26t%3D16758%26start%3D10&ei=G8TXU57FCMXnygP18oLABA&bvm=bv.71954034,d.bGQ&psig=AFQjCNFWyjxw7qV7p_CJasM2g_BI3e7-2Q&ust=1406735739626933

I am not satisfied with the stereo sound and I´m thinking about replacing it.
I really want to be able to bluetoorh stream music to it and I want a rear camera.
If i remove the display there will be a hole, will a 2-din stereo fit in there?
Or should I buy a centre console from a car with 2-din stereo?
If so, what would I need?
The centre console, the storage on top of it and some part where the cd changer sits.

If your dash looks a little like mine (the link you included took me to a page written in Swedish) then any double-din head unit will fit in the hole.

When replacing the head unit in the D40, you have to take care with the earth - the stereo shares an earth with the instrument panel and if it's not earthed properly, you'll have some strange things happen with both.

If your dash looks a little like mine (the link you included took me to a page written in Swedish) then any double-din head unit will fit in the hole.

When replacing the head unit in the D40, you have to take care with the earth - the stereo shares an earth with the instrument panel and if it's not earthed properly, you'll have some strange things happen with both.

Thats not the stereo i have, my screen is mounted a bit up from yours and I have 2 rows of buttons between the screen and the ac panel.
I have a digital AC panel if that helps :)

Here is a picture of what it looks like in my car.
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-N742zQSj7D0/TpNF6sA_UoI/AAAAAAAAAJw/aHGYJdvIlno/s1600/October+10th+iphone+009+edit.jpg

The controls look like they're built into the dash. To replace it, you'd either have to hope those controls worked with the new unit, or replace the entire centre console.

The upper area does look like a 2-din slot though.

looks like it's all built in - like the VE / VF Commodores are.. Best bet would be to remove the front facia and soo if the screen is hardwired into the control.. If so, you are sorta stuck..

Latest posts

Back