Stock navara upgrade for better off roading

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spamclicker

Reaction score
I’ve got a stock navara it sits quite low I want to make more it capable for overlanding ( crossing rivers going through mud and sand ) nothing to major. Was thinking to put a 2 inch lift with a 2 inch body lift and 33inch tyres. Is this a good combo?

Good combo:congrats:

Just remember, with the body lift, anything attached to the chassis will have to be raised. Rear bar, front bar if you have steel steps they'll need to be raised.
You lose the bottom radiator shroud
Intake piping and cold side intercooler needs to be adjusted and possibly shortened.
Towbar will sit lower

I’ve got a stock navara it sits quite low I want to make more it capable for overlanding ( crossing rivers going through mud and sand ) nothing to major. Was thinking to put a 2 inch lift with a 2 inch body lift and 33inch tyres. Is this a good combo?

The typical suspension lift has been great for my D40 ... mines 40mm. I also put 235/85R16 all terrain tyres on the standard 16" x 7" rims which gave me about 10mm extra diff clearance so my roof is about 50mm higher than standard. I've done the Canning Stock Route with this set up and had no issues.

You need to check your state regulations as I think you'll find you can raise the roof up to 50mm from it's standard height. That's the case here in WA but from what I've read most states are the same.

So a 50mm suspension lift, a 50mm body lift and 33" tyres maybe a problem. I see plenty of 4wd's around that are at least 100mm taller than standard and for the most part they get away with it. The legalities always surface after an accident or getting pulled over for an infringement. A couple of years ago on the Great Eastern Highway about 150km east of Perth the Police set up a roadblock to check 4wd's and caravans. They had the scales and tape measures out checking weights, heights and other mods. They didn't pull me over and waved me through.

Remember your insurance company might not approve a claim if your car is illegal.

2” Fulcrum lift gave me 63mm. I’ve done cape x 2 and Simpson x 2, all QLD sand islands many times, yeah I got bogged but no a clearance issue, and a million tracks in between. Slow n steady u can go most places. Never has a clearance problem.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back