STX with tub liner and tow bar issues

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

McGivor

Reaction score
New to Navaras and to forums. Tub liners have been covered elsewhere, so this is probably in the wrong place (sorry if it is ) . I took delivery of a new ST-X yesterday, had some accessories fitted including a tub liner, seems this is a mistake, reading elsewhere, however will live with it now, got the vehicle home and started to really look at it, removed the soft cover to look in the tub only to find the dealer has installed the tie down rails and cut the front of the tub to do so. This seems stupid to me and defeats the purpose of having a sealed tub liner.
Has anyone else had this issue, and what have you been able to have done about it?

I am returning to the dealer tomorrow to complain and ask that the tub liner be replaced, without fitting the tie down rails. I'll do this myself and shorten up the rails instead of cutting the tub. The mounting holes can at least be sealed with mastic or similar product.

The other thing is the tow bar ball is too close to the rear step. My trailer coupling almost hits the step when connecting it. My son's mate has a Navara, and the ball mount is longer and clears the step better. Could the dealer have provided a ball mount for a Pathfinder or other model?

Appreciate any advise from those who have experienced either of the above issues.

McGivor

The dealer mat have a longer tounge they can swap for you.

regarding the tu liner I thik they do that with all of them to fit those rail things.

Yeah mate I have a 2012 stx , same disappointment when I picked mine up. It seems like the tub is from another vehicle doesn't fit the tray properly , cut up all over the place , doesn't touch the side of the tray . Looks shit, stuff gets underneath it . but that's the way it is unfortunately . Bloke at work has the same with his . Towbar on mine is short and I know what your saying , I think there's another hole on the hitch you can pick up , could be wrong though . Wait till your soft cover starts to rip out of the rails , like mine did. Welcome to the forum BTW : )

as far as tow ball you can buy longer youngest if the dealer doesn't come to the party.

Yeah but most of the 'youngest' only boast about it being longer, they have no idea. :ha:

Damn I didn't notice that! Was meant to say longer tounges if needed.

I hate technology and it's stupid guessing my words.

I think the people that write auto spell checkers are sadistic pricks that get beaten up in real life and this is their payback to the world.

I think the people that write auto spell checkers are sadistic pricks that get beaten up in real life and this is their payback to the world.
Should see some of the crap my Samsung Galaxy spits out when I am texting people :/

Back