Techni Ice Fridges

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ShortyNavros

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I was having a look at the Techni Ice Fridges and they seem to have a deal on at the moment, I am sure the price would not normally be the RRP but still.

I know this companies Ice Boxes have a great rep but I am unsure on the fridges.

This is the unit I am looking at http://www.techniice.com/car-fridges-1/ss-fridge-60l-dual-6hdr.html

I like that it is dual zone and also dual lid, appears to have good power consumption and rubs the danfoss BD35f compressor which everyone recommends, also has all steel hinges and latches. Now the dealbeaker here is they state it comes with a 6 YEAR WARRANTY! I have never heard of such a warranty on a fridge before.

It also comes with a free insulation cover and the delivery charge aint that bad. I am unsure on the insulation thickness, which can often determine how well a fridge will work, but from the pics it looks relatively thick. Am I missing anything here? This seems like a great deal?

Cheers,
Shorty

Also if you sit on the page long enough an automated box will give you a discount like half prices postage or an extra 5% off

I know very little on fridges but that looks good..love their eski's tho.keeps ice for 5 days in full summer sun

Well the temp gauge for the techni ice is on the end whereas the temp gauge for the companion/primus fridge is on the side. Temp gauges both looks different but have similar functions. The primus/compnaion has a BD50F Secop (Formerly danfoss I believe) whereas the techni ice has a BD35F, not sure what the diff is between these compressors I assume the 50 is larger for cooling a greater volume of air and it only appears in 70L and up fridges whereas the BD35F is common to fridges 60L and down

I think it's a great deal. The BD35 compressor is a good,solid performer with soft-start (so no large inrush current when the compressor starts). My guess is that this fridge will be around for years.

Tony if it has your seal of approval I think thats the nail in the coffin for me to buy it. Plus you cant argue with six years of warranty, I have never seen a frodge warranty so good before

I almost got one last night!! But id have to retire my eski..not ready for that yet.love that thing and soo many memories

You can, but it draws a shitload of power to do it. Id take ice made at home and keep it in the freezer section as once its frozen it takes far less current draw to keep it in frozen state. Then use the ice as necessary in the esky.

We had a Waeco CR140 upright fridge in our previous caravan. BD55 compressor, it would keep things wonderfully cold. Chest fridges are even better.

The only thing that I could say against it is that if the cabling was too small causing enough voltage drop, it would start the compressor, realise the voltage was below its limit, stop, see the voltage was high, start ... all night. Result ws a dead battery in the morning. Use the right cables and the thing was a dream.

Just as an update, I tried to buy one of the 60L dual zone fridges and they have no stock till end of jan next year, but still want you to make payment to secure the deal, I reckon that deal is there regular price cos the timer just resets every three days. I reckon they never pre order and just wait for people to buy them then they can order in the amount they need plus probably a couple of extra so they are never out of pocket for unsold fridges.

I am going to buy locally through an Ironman 4x4 dealer as they have a similar 65L dual zone, dual door fridge for $990 see here http://www.4wd1.com/ironman-fridge.htm

You can also buy the exact same fridge in a single door, single area fridge which gives you 74L total hence a 9L capacity increase for the same fridge footprint as they remove the divider for the same price, I think Ill get the dual zone for versatility, cant see myself using it as a freezer, but if I do a big trip it could be handy. This ironman fridge has a 3yr fridge warranty and a 5 year compressor warranty, it runs the BD50F which I am happy with as it is a larger compressor and should run more efficiently in a 65L fridge.

The techni ice fridge doesnt specifically state which danfoss compressor it uses which is annoying but it would be the BD35f or the BD50f, the only downer is the techni ice looks to have thicker walls, ie better insulation and more efficiently holding the temperature down, which is a shame as I really would have liked one, but it is not to be as I want a fridge for my next Fraser trip which is on jan 10.

That sucks. I had a feeling they worked like that. Heard from a few people now that they payed thinking it was in stock, only to be told after that they're waiting on next shipment. I hate company's that do that. It should say on the site that they arnt in stock. I was thinking of getting the 45l techni ice fridge, but think I'll wait till after christmas to see what sales are on. You can get new waeco cf50 for around $800, they are the older model

Latest posts

Back