The 04 D22 Nav box

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

navaranewb

Reaction score
Damo's 04 D22 Nav box

So i figured i will make a members ride thread and show you my nugget D22. Purchased this from a dealer and they throw in a unconditional 5000k warranty aswell as an additional 175,000km 3 year warranty on the truck

some specs
- Stock as a rock apart from some IPF spotties
- 138***ks
- ZD30 T/D
- all the factory options including tub liner, bullbar, side steps and rear step

car has brand new hiflys A/T which are about as handy as tits on a bull and will be looking to get rid of these *wink wink*

got some plans for the car as below
15x8 rims
want to get some 32 or 33s on it
UHF and a custom install
Gauges (already have just need to put in) oil, water, boost, EGT
torsion crank up
2" body lift
2" suspension lift
3" zaust
FMIC

annnnnnnnnnd now for some pics

J9R05TH.jpg

first day i got it loaded the quad on and into the bush. Trying to teach the misses how to ride (brang the lols thats for sure)

EtOnkP6.jpg

after the fun was had, stopped for some noms

l5sMH9N.jpg

Last edited:
so since then ive dont a few purchases so i can start to go offroad

some tyre deflators

TCl3e36.jpg

little pouch with TPG to keep it all together

2X905b6.jpg

got some basic recovery gear to assit.

caLcPyB.jpg

Last edited:
so i decided i hate the stickers and have started removing them. It was a little time consuming however the result is awesome. I used some orange spray to remove the stickers and peeling them by hand. Once this was done and the section was cleaned of all residue i hand cut back with a medium cut to remove the different shades of paint and match it all. Result is awesome. now for the rest of the stickers

before

IPZ55Kk.jpg

after removal and hand cut back

z9hxibf.jpg

Last edited:
Nice looking truck. Have quads ourselves. They are great fun and sensibly ridden safe as well.
Have fun decking out the truck you are off to a good start.

Nice looking truck. Have quads ourselves. They are great fun and sensibly ridden safe as well.
Have fun decking out the truck you are off to a good start.

thanks mate. Yeah i go nuts on the quad however the misses still only just gets into second gear. Accidents will always happen but they are safe and aslong as you take the precautions there are no issues :)

where abouts do you ride?

We have 2 acres so they get the regular run around there. Ours are single speed Kymco 150 and Yammie 90 still a lot of fun. We are up near Tweed. Use to go to Rover Park but they have closed and haven't found an alternative as yet. What about yourself?

Last edited:
you are waaaaaaay up the coast....im down on the central coast so there are quite a few spots around here that can be hit on private land...and offcourse you have stockton and blacks

too far for you to travel for a ride tho

so was a hot saturday and it was time for the first oil change since i bought it. Im not sure was run in the car but decided to go with some Penrite Semi-Synth 10w-40 + Ryco oil filter

not sure if im happy with it to be honest so im going to run a Nulon Full Synth that i use in my race motors on the next change. More details will come on that later.

Pic of the rig's

LZGdDun.jpg

the oil and the filter. Including the shadow of me rocking a chicks straw hat :p

Xk8F3JP.jpg

and the mess that i made dropping the oil since i flew about 5 feet from where the sump plug was! This was after a touch of cleaning. Thanks for the heads up btw ;)

YSUm7jZ.jpg

Took the car for a drive that Sat night to do a spot of animal watching up at lake macquarie. Noticed the oil light is staying on a touch long on first start.

Last edited:
So its sunday and another update. Checked the oil after yesterdays fresh change. Levels are good. Still not real happy with it... Anyway a single income, bad habits and a girlfriend mean im broke so decided to do a little more work on the car

Got the front speakers in (not a hard task there). Running a set of Hertz 6.5" Energy Series in the front doors. Stay tuned for the rest of the kit as i install it. Rear doors will be the Deici 6.5" (stay tuned)

ChYvSx6.jpg

Once that was done i got onto starting the gauge install. Im running 3 52mm gauges in the dash and another 2 up the pillar. Im using the single dinn pocket to mount the gauges. I got a carbon fibre look alike of ebay for $5

n5gpKeI.jpg

arranging the perfect fit. I will be cutting and dremeling this out and gluing it to the front so its not free floating behind the dash

sDfaHMY.jpg

gauges in to work out what it looks like. Dash will have water temp, oil temp and oil pressure.

NAYuUXg.jpg

my day ended here due to the damn heat and the fact the misses wanted to go snorkelling. Got half way there and came home anyway. So had a drink instead!

to be continued :)

Last edited:
Back