The 'ville & 2 Corners

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

siringo

Reaction score
Needed a change of scenery, so we packed up the 40 and went to Birdsville.

Day 1
Heywood to Port Pirie.
Stayed in a caravan park. Why do they always put the non powered sites in the shittiest parts of caravan parks????
Highlight: Leaving home.

Day 2
Port Pirie to Mungerannie Hotel
Stayed in the grounds of the Pub, they have lots of grounds, lots of grounds. Top place. For those who don't know, Mungerannie is about halfway between Maree and Birdsville.
Highlight: Sleeping in swags under the stars, waking up to find 2 dingoes sniffing around us.

Day 3
Mungerannie to Birdsville
Stayed at the Birdsville Caravan Park. Nice place Birdsville, had never been there before, locals seemed nice enough.
Highlight: Finally getting to Birdsville after 30 years of waiting. And listening to the dingoes howl all night.

Day 4
Birdsville to Innamincka via Haddon Corner
Stayed in a room at the Innamincka Pub, we needed a 'soft' night.
Haddon Corner is the corner bit of SA that sticks into QLD, it's one of the 3 corners. From Haddon Corner into Innamincka via the Cordillo road, didn't have time to see the woolshed. That Cordillo road was as rough as buggery, the 40 held together well, if anything is going to break of the Nav it would have after that road. Who said these utes aren't tough enough, that road would kill anything.
Highlight: Getting into Innamincka and off that Cordillo road.

Day 5
Innamincka to Cameron Corner
Stayed at Cameron Corner, out the back, down the dog fence and over a dune. Love it there for some reason, I get that easy laid back feeling every time I go there.
Highlight: We saw the eclipse of the moon, in the outback, didn't even realise it. I said to my wife, gee the moon looks great, look like an eclipse. We got home and the mother in-law asked "did you see the eclipse?" so I guess we did.

Day 6
Cameron Corner to Broken Hill
Stayed at Penrose Park in Silverton. This is a caravan park that's been let go, but it's massive. It's like camping in the bush, but in a caravan park. Highly recommended.
Highlight: Not sure, enjoyed the beers that night though.

Day 7
Broken Hill to Home
Highlight: Not sure. Maybe being how impressed I was with the 40. Didn't miss a beat, didn't rattle itself to death and was pretty good on fuel.

Facts and figures
- 3761.6 Km's in 7 days.
- 0 breakdowns
- 1 leaking rear shocker
- Stock headlights are useless
- You can easily do 115km/h on the Birdsville track
- Don't try to get to the Warburton Crossing from the Birdsville track after it's rained
- The isolation is soul revitalising

sounds absolutely unreal.. im planning a trip similar with the missus from NSW....will definitely look into the places you went

It was heaps of fun.

I'd recommend:

A night at the Mungerannie Hotel
A night at Cameron Corner
A meal at the Birdsville pub
Taking your time, we were short of time
Ring before hand and see what the flies are like, they were appalling when we went and were stuck inside the car of a pub during the daylight hours.

Latest posts

Back