Thom's white D22

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thom

Reaction score
So I thought I might make a thread for my Nav to help with motivation in saving money and to assist in particular types of upgrades.

I am new to the forum as well as being new to the 4x4 world. Picked up my 06 Navara under a month ago, loving it! Such an amazing truck, rides well, great fuel economy, sits nice and high, good space and just a nice car overall (havent even tested it off road yet, so I am sure I will love it even more)

It was pretty stock when I bought it apart from the alloy bullbar, All Terrain tyres & CB Radio.

First upgrade/modification I got onto was the stereo, there was only so much time I could put up with a stock CD player with only one speaker working...

Made a trip to Performance Car Audio after having my last cars fitted out from Brett there. Ended up deciding on a pair of Morel Audio splits in the front and a pair of German Maestro speakers in the back. To top it off with a sweet bluetooth Alpine Headunit. I had my old Sony 2 channel amp to fit in to run the front speakers. Also got the front doors Dynamatted for added sound quality/sealing.

The back doors as you all would know dont have speakers in the doors by stock, nor do they really have any room to accomodate for them. So Brett fabricated up some really nice extensions for the speaker grille so that it could fit the 6" speakers but still look stock and functional.

Not long after, I decided on buying a pair of sheeps wool seat covers for the front. Took a trip to Supercheap Auto and bought really nice quality with thick padding for added comfort! And a set of floor mats to keep the original carpets protected.

Just today, I went back to Performance Car Audio to get the central locking/keyless entry installed. I didnt want to bother trying it myself, I am no electrician nor have any idea about wiring, so I am happy to pay the money. Brett does an amazing job and makes sure the wiring is neat, solid and all runs well. Worth every penny. Now I have the nice novelty of being able to lock/unlock my doors remotely hehe.

So far mostly cosmetic upgrades, but I like to have these things fitted for the extra comfort they offer to the whole experience!

Next I am saving up for either the intercooler, spotlights for the bullbar or 2" suspension lift kit...

Also planning to maybe join Nissan 4x4 Club in Victoria, anyone else on here a member?

For those interested. Some photos of the audio installation. If you want to know more of how it was done, let me know. I can take some more photos.

4.jpg

Fabricating, fitting material

1.jpg

Speaker in place

2.jpg

Fitted back to the door

3.jpg

Dynamat on the front doors

putting all that dyno mat could have been half a lift or some decent tyres. youll be ripping it out when it gets wet.

hardly! I got the dynamat dirt cheap anyway. I dont know if you have used dynamat before, but this stuff sticks like concrete, I doubt any water will disturb it!

whats the dynamat for?
Dynamat stops noise-causing resonance and vibration from the door. It keeps noise in and outside noises out. If you can imagine a sound studio, having sound proofing materials on the walls to hold the sound in and improve quality. Thats pretty much what it helps to do for the car. Makes the door become a proper speaker enclosure. Worth every penny if your serious about your sound quality.

I am trying to decide what I need to set my sights on next... Looking at either a snorkel, 2/3inch lift, intercooler or underbody protection? Maybe even something else would be better? Whats the best bet?

if u use for 4x4in i would do a lift first then go from there sooner or later if your using it for off road u will need it .. u don't need a snorkel right away just don't go threw rivers for now ..
that's my thoughts anyways

if u use for 4x4in i would do a lift first then go from there sooner or later if your using it for off road u will need it .. u don't need a snorkel right away just don't go threw rivers for now ..
that's my thoughts anyways

Thanks, I will have to start looking into suspension lift kits then!

So I recently bought an XR6 Intercooler off rabbit-chop last week (cheers mate) was in good condition just with a few bent fins and some paint chips. Considering I wont be getting it installed straight away figured I might bring it back to new looking condition.

Bought some VHT caliper spray from Autobarn and masked up the fins and areas that needed some protection and got to spraying. 1 coat later and I am very happy with it! Now really keen to get it installed :smile:

intercooler.jpg

I would recommend a lift first as well. Im just about to put in my 3 inch lift from Calmini and getting a 2" body lift off Zordo so then i can fit 33's to it soon.

With the intercooler, is that going to be front mount I'm guessing? If so, let me know how it goes as i want to intercool mine as well.

How much did the xr6 one set you back?

Welcome by the way!

I would recommend a lift first as well. Im just about to put in my 3 inch lift from Calmini and getting a 2" body lift off Zordo so then i can fit 33's to it soon.

With the intercooler, is that going to be front mount I'm guessing? If so, let me know how it goes as i want to intercool mine as well.

How much did the xr6 one set you back?

Welcome by the way!

Cheers. Yeah the XR6 IC is front mount. I bought it off a fellow forum member for $50. Apparently you can pick them up off eBay for around that price. I am planning to get it fitted by a fitter in Epping. I will post up photos and video of before and after when I get it done

Just had a woman back into me the other day. Was in the car waiting for her to go passed well out of the way, couldnt believe she didnt see me. A massive white 4wd ute... Horrible sound while she backed into the side of me.
Instantly flipped when I got out of the car, because this isnt the first time I have had this happen. My cars are always getting raped by other negligent drivers. To cut a long story short, she had only hit my rear bar and made no damage at all... just some scuff marks with her paint on my bar which i got off with a good hour of picking at it. Used some chrome polish and its now back to how it was. (thank f**k)

Cant say the same for her car, the back bumper of her car was hanging off looking pretty retarded. HER FAULT!

After finding a guy in QLD selling a Bogaard Universal Timer for a mere $80 brand new. I got it sent down and had it installed today, after a bit of stuffing around as it wasnt the usual plug + play it is now fitted and works as it should. Central locking still works too which is a great relief!

Also picked up a really strong mobile phone holder. One that wont fly off the windscreen while off-road. Next instalment will be the safari snorkel!

I got some 2" ome leaf springs for sale if interested!! Have not sagged and has good flex. $100

Back