Tjm steel outback bar weight

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sloba

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Just had a Tjm steel outback bar fitted to my 2013 d40. I noticed the little sticker that says anymore than 55kg needs hd front springs and a "positive bonnet restraint system"

Now my question is I'm pretty sure this bar is a bit over this, I'm not fitting a winch or anything though, so assuming I need the restraint system? Anyone know what Nissan charge for it?

Also I have lovvells shocks with dobinsons HD coils rated for 50kg static load (however again the bar is slightly more). I don't really want to change the coils it still rides good and only dropped a touch at the front, I do have the 20mm spacer rings fitted under the bottom spring seat which lovvells supply with their front struts so it's looks an ok height to me.
Thoughts? Will these coils still be sufficient?

Cheers,
Mark

Bullbar

Hi Mike I have had a ironman steel bulbar with winch installed on my 2012 d40 in the last 2 weeks, before that I had the Nissan full alloy bar, I already had a 2" lift kit but was expecting a greater load on the front when swapping bars as it turned out the front only dropped by 8mm so therefore don't need to make any other changes, I would suggest if there is know noticeable difference you should be fine. Not sure if you need a bonnet restraint is it a TJM cover there ass thing, I also have lovell shocks with king springs

Rog

Latest posts

Back