Trans compatibility

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John D 1962

Reaction score
I have a 2012 Spanish built 2.5td D40. Looks like I need another trans and just wondering if anyone can tell me does it have to be out of a Spanish built car or are the Thai ones the same. Also my ute is a later 140kw version so wondering if the trans in these are different to the earlier models. Thanks

Is yours a 5-speed auto or a 7-speed?

If it's the 5-speed, it's an RE5R05A just like mine (126kW).

If it's the 7-speed, it's an RE7R01B like in the STX550.

As far as I can tell, there's no difference between Spanish and Thai builds. These gearboxes are manufactured by Jatco - Japan Automatic Transmission Company. They're not Nissan gearboxes.

Is yours a 5-speed auto or a 7-speed?

If it's the 5-speed, it's an RE5R05A just like mine (126kW).

If it's the 7-speed, it's an RE7R01B like in the STX550.

As far as I can tell, there's no difference between Spanish and Thai builds. These gearboxes are manufactured by Jatco - Japan Automatic Transmission Company. They're not Nissan gearboxes.

It's the same gearbox. This box is also in other cars (Nissan 350Z, Infinity G35, Kia Sorento and more, I think there's a Subaru with this box in it).

The trick is getting the transfer case to bolt to it, so choosing one out of a 4WD D40 would be the best bet.

It's the same gearbox. This box is also in other cars (Nissan 350Z, Infinity G35, Kia Sorento and more, I think there's a Subaru with this box in it).

The trick is getting the transfer case to bolt to it, so choosing one out of a 4WD D40 would be the best bet.
OK. Thanks for your advice. I'll chase one out of a 4wd D40

Latest posts

Back