Transmission not going into gear

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrRoller

Reaction score
Have an ST 4/4 manual 2009 navara which is having trouble changing gears. Can slot between each gear freely but isn't doing that last 10% click or notch movement into gear like how it normally does. Unsure about whether or not I need to remove it. No damage to the exterior to the box, no oil smells, crunching or anything. Clutch is still tight, no sign or any wear since I've had it for the last couple of months. Mates are just telling me to do a change in the oil but I'm kinda thinking about removing it and checking it out while I work on the front diff. Any help would be awesome. Thanks Jordan
Snapchat-1054722778.jpg
Snapchat-1528895747.jpg
Snapchat-1912472929.jpg
Snapchat-130023025.jpg
Snapchat-217884851.jpg
Snapchat-2014979686.jpg

Attachments

• Snapchat-1539488127.jpg
    Snapchat-1539488127.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
The usual issue with gear changes in these cars is the clutch, which wears poorly due to the dual mass flywheel (and mostly when towing and in particular when towing up a steep hill at low speed, like pulling a boat up a ramp).

However, there have been issues with the thrust fork (on at least 2 occasions if I recall) and I think I recall one occasion where someone complained about something similar and it was the selector fork inside the gearbox. The box basically has to come out for these so it's not a small job.

What I'd do: try changing the oil. Examination of the oil that comes out would give you a clue as to whether you need to take further action: if there's metallic flakes in the oil you know there's wear inside.

The usual issue with gear changes in these cars is the clutch, which wears poorly due to the dual mass flywheel (and mostly when towing and in particular when towing up a steep hill at low speed, like pulling a boat up a ramp).

However, there have been issues with the thrust fork (on at least 2 occasions if I recall) and I think I recall one occasion where someone complained about something similar and it was the selector fork inside the gearbox. The box basically has to come out for these so it's not a small job.

What I'd do: try changing the oil. Examination of the oil that comes out would give you a clue as to whether you need to take further action: if there's metallic flakes in the oil you know there's wear inside.
Ok, I'll look further into it on the wear or signs in the oil. Thank you for the heads up đź‘Ť

The other potential issue is the sound deadening and rubber section around the gearstick. They can slip and stop the garment moving fully.

Latest posts

Back