Tyres for D40

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Allanz33

Reaction score
Hi all,
I have a 2012 Navara with the 17"x 7" mags and 255/65x17 Goodyear Wranglers that it came with. Just wondering what tyres everyone else is using on these wheels. I mainly use the vehicle for around town, towing and outback touring. Earlier this year I staked a tyre on the Plenty Highway (pressures and speed were both down) and I want to put something better on before next years trip, preferably light truck construction. I have used both BFG and Coopers before on a Patrol and had no issues with either but they don't seem to make a size to suit the Navara.

are you still using stock suspension?
with a 2inch OME lift i have 265/70r17 BFG AT's on my standard 17 inch alloys.
fits fine, no scrubbing etc.
will be selling them soon to get a set of 16' steelies and 33s though.

The lack of response is possibly due to the amount of info covering this very question...
Anyway as said above 265/70/17 is a popular tyre choice for most and one that will correct your speedo too
BFG All terrains should suit your needs and even be capable of a bit of offroad as well.. I dont know much about Coopers tyres.. Mickey T's get talked about a lot so probably worth looking into.

Hi mate I've got 265/70 r17 dick cipeck fc2's on my d40 with no lift and they fit fine no scrubbing, cooper st max are pretty similar and they do this size.

Thanks for the replies. Yes I have a 2 inch lift ( should have said so ) I was thinking 265/70x17 but just wondered what others are using. Yes there is a lot of info out there but sometimes up to date info is handy to have also

I have 70mm rear and 60mm front lift and im running 285/75/16's. Heated the inner guards up and massaged them in a little bit. Minor chassis scrubbing on full lock but at flex and lock a fair bit more.

I ran 265/75/16's before the 33's with no scrubbing at all on aggressive AT's.

Latest posts

Back