Uniden speaker mic units what have you got?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ozstickman

Reaction score
G'day trendsetters I am after feed back on the different models of Uniden uhfs with speaker mics. I use to go GME or ICOM radios but thought I'd get some feedback on the Unidens. I have ICOM amateur radios and have a icom 400 pro in my wife's car but looking at a cheaper uhf for the Navara that is speaker mic version. Lack of dash space dictates to me to have a speaker mic UHF CB as I need dash space for my Icom 208 and Yaseu 857 remote heads.

A Icom 440 is about $450 compared to a Uniden version at around $250. I'd prefer the Icom but I don't use the UHF enough to warrant a flash one anymore.

Cheers n beers
Sticko

I'm the same.

Have a Icom IC-208H and IC-706MkIIG, not a lot of space left up front for another radio head.

My IC-208H is a U.S. Version, where from factory it is able to transmit (on approved U.S. Public Safety Freq's) up to 480MHz, so makes it very temping those 3 or 4 weekends a year where I need to use the 477MHz CB Band.

Been looking around and swaying towards the Uniden UH7760NB

Last edited:
I'm the same.

Have a Icom IC-208H and IC-706MkIIG, not a lot of space left up front for another radio head.

My IC-208H is a U.S. Version, where from factory it is able to transmit (on approved U.S. Public Safety Freq's) up to 480MHz, so makes it very temping those 3 or 4 weekends a year where I need to use the 477MHz CB Band.

Been looking around and swaying towards the Uniden UH7760NB

I have two 208s, one standard the other I've removed the two resisters to allow CB UHF freqs but I've swr'd it up with a 477mhz antenna and the lowest I could get is 2:1. I don't want to kill it so that's why I am looking at a cheap CB UHF.

I am also looking at the UH7760NB because of the price.

I have a new, unused (still in original box) Icom IC-400 Pro that I want to sell for around $200 plus postage if you're interested?

Latest posts

Back