Very Strange unable to restart after limp mode w no code

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bringthenav

Reaction score
Hey guys this is bad!
Just got a limp mode w no code on a hill on freeway, had to pull over suddenly.. just made it off the kerb on a 100km hill.

Car wont restart & is sounding like possible battery boddly, yet i have fullnpower to electrics.

I try restarting looks like alt symbol, engine code who knows.. all sorts let lights. No restart.

No hint of bad alt or battery before.
I think something quite odd.
I notice odd flickering sound and see the cluster bars going under 0 and flickering for maybe 5-10 sec then going back to normal & cannot statt the vehicle.

Possible just battery.
Alternator is glistening new looking from prev owner, less than 20-25k put on by me never missed a beat

Attachments

• V_20230928_225136_OC0.mp4
    8.6 MB
Definitely sounds like a battery - I've had those exact symptoms before and recharging the battery has fixed it. If you were driving at the time, then I'd say either there's an issue with the alternator (maybe a loose belt?) or the cabling to the battery isn't 100% or there's a fault inside the battery (major sulphation most likely).

Thanks Old Tony. Seems like it.
The battery started clicking full flat.
No warnings, no loss of lighting.
The battery was in it when i got the ute 15 months ago, might been old & on way out, going without warning.

I'll check the car & just get a new battery.
Any particular amp/running current/brand people recommend at all?

I usually like grabbing a bit higher than standard spec but unsure what numbers to look for. Cheers

Any particular amp/running current/brand people recommend at all?

The normal battery for my car is a 770CCA battery which is sufficient for the 500-550 amps the starter will draw when cranking.

However, Century have a 910CCA battery that JUST fits in the tray (make sure there's no stray hair on the battery because it's that tight). It's the one I've been using for the last 3 batteries.

https://www.centurybatteries.com.au/resources/battery-finder/product/battery/din75lhx mf/info

Hi guys. I bought a nice Supercharge 40 month one with 750, 180 or something and 77ah i think it all was.... To suit Navara D40 @ cost of $287 reduced down from $335 or something.. bit of smooth talking.

Old batt was displaying 12.15.

Fitted up new battery, 12.55 or so, instant crank over, let run and tested battery, 14.38 - 14.39 round abouts at idle. Let run for 15, tested again, still same number, took for a 20 min cruise around and seems sweet.

I probably tried start the car last night with head lights still on & old battery was cactus (some old nrma navara thing that came with car),
Then it wouldn't start. Had to jump pack on me.
All that after the 2nd freaky freeway limp mode w no code at 110 on freeway in just one day.
Morning & night.
Lucky i wasn't collected by trucks in the morning,very hairy .. just managed to find a pull over bay sneak into it.. thank heavens.
Thank god 🙏💯🤣🤣🤣

The alternator looks fresh as replaced by prev owner, i'll check its charge and look up some YT tuts what it should be displaying @ idle & on revs.
Would like to believe 14.39v i saw is a healthy number at startup/ idle from memory.

I have a spare new $90 SCV in a box of car parts. Will try do the fiddly annoying job of changing it over on the weekend & fit a FRP sensor at same time & do the neg battery terminal pull and foot on brake pedal 15+ secs ecu & fuel pump reset.

With some hope i don't get more limp modes after that. 🙏🤞👌

Latest posts

Back