What do people think?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
K

KraftyPg

So Dave says I don't start enough threads so heres a new one.

I've been following this story of Metallica and Lou Reed teaming up to make some music for a few months now and it appears the album has been made, the track listing released and a 30 sec snippet published.

30 second sound grab
Lou Reed & Metallica: The View (30-second Preview) - YouTube

Live covering Nirvana
Metallica & Lou Reed cover Nirvana's Aneurysm [LIVE] - YouTube

It's hard to really get a feel for the song with only 30 seconds but it does sound a little promising, not sure I'll be rushing to buy a copy of the album but if I'll probably atleast give it a listen.

As far as the live one goes the dubbing is piss poor, Lars and James look like aging is turning them into bigger douche bags each day but the sound is reasonable. Not 100% sure the same thing couldn't have been achieved with a different collaboration but it's not that bad. Still can't make up my mind if this is a way of Lou Reed making money of Metallica of Metallica making money of Lou but it will be interesting too see how it's received when launched.

I thought the exact same thing actually.

Henry needs to stop making tv shows and get back into music.

Once again Gay people on this forum have been offended by having something crappy compared to them :ha:

Didn't you start that poll last week :ha:

Besides with all the gay talk lately I think they've been driven back into the closet.

WTF....does Metallica have stuff other than "Ride the Lightning" & "Master of Puppets".
:closed:

OPEN :big_smile:

Metallica have done way worse than this over the years, but until I hear the whole thing I don't know if it is the worst

Sounds like they were doing some hardcore drugs when they wrote that.

Thumbs down from me.

Sounds like he is trying to be Johnny Cash.

I dunno I think if the remove Lou Reed's vocal is could be a half decent Metallica instrumental.

Indeed.

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gBD1BXOxnFc[/YT]

There's a song I have always loved.

It's a fine line between contribution and hijacking and I don't think you understand which side you're on.

Back