Whats it worth '05 Navara

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tommy222220_0

Reaction score
Guys,

Just wondering how much you'd ask for:

P1080002.jpg

2005 D22 STR Dual Cab
3 Litre TD
125000km
BFG AT's
Extras - ARB Steel Bullbar, ARB high roof canopy, EFS 2" suspension, towbar, long range tank (145l), tub liner, GME UHF & 4 speaker stereo.

Passenger rear plastic guard is scratched and small ding in rear cnr below light. Paints pretty good will get clay barred/polish, and usual carpark dints in front drivers door.

Thinking of putting $21500 ono on it. Sound reasonable?

It looks great and is worth that but finding the correct buyer is the problem most will not pay what it is worth you need to take time to look at the silly offers most the deals at the moment will drop your price heaps not that i will buy a triton but for a bit more it is tempting desipte the ugly looks

Ok, what am I missing here? 21k for an 8 year old car when you can get a brand new one for 27k? Sorry mate, I think you are a bit high. I reckon you would be lucky to get 10k as a trade or 15k private.

Ok, what am I missing here? 21k for an 8 year old car when you can get a brand new one for 27k? Sorry mate, I think you are a bit high. I reckon you would be lucky to get 10k as a trade or 15k private.

The 3ltr zd30 engine are super reliable in the d22, thats why they are getting good prices.

its a 3.0 jap made D22 not the 2.5 made in thailand.

Last edited:
Yep, even still, prices above are more realistic. The 3l argument is non sense. Most buyers would not even know about alleged reliability differences between the two.

Red book says 12-14K trade in or 14-18K private sale. Looking at how well you've looked after your car, I'd say you'd want the top end of either of those prices.

The problem you've got is that even though you've looked after it, yours is pre facelift. You have to get a buyer who really wants that specific model to get what its worth.

There was a GLX demo in last Sat's paper for $24,990! That's a lot of Ute for the $$$ & it makes it very hard for people trying to sell 2nd hand dual cab 4x4's to get a decent price. For the record; I can't get past the looks of a Triton, it's as ugly as a 2 headed pig! I'd never think about buying one - but people do.

ive seen this argument heaps lately i bought a 3.0l 06 2 yrs ago. but i dread the day i want to sell it because the there is no dout that these hold there value more than the 2.5s. the new 2.5s have screwed us 3.0l owners over because of the fact to buy a new one is 30grand. unlike the old 3.0l model they were about 40grand new. see my points where trying to depreciate from 40 grand witch about 20 grand for that model and withs ks is right. but wen you have a say 08 2.5 with low ks that was only 30 grand new the depreciation is already down to between 20 to 25.
al i can say its f****d !!!

guys 3.0L is worth more period, I have sold two 2.5's and people only wanted the 3.0L back then and I have no reason to think their minds have changed talk to any dealer, 99% will say the 3.0 is boss yet both motors perform roughly the same with the 3.0 being better for offroad and the 2.5 being better onroad and more fuel efficient.

oh and kevin redbook means pretty much jack shit, its good to get a very very rough idea but I have bought and sold enough cars to work out it makes no difference what red book says.

Why are you getting fired up mate?

I didn't think I posted anything provocative? (other than to Triton owners lol!)

Cheers,

Kevin

Latest posts

Back