Where to go in April

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

YBOD

Reaction score
I am going to be taking two weeks off work at the begining of May (wanted to go in April but there is no way I want to share my holiday with every school kid rug rat).

We live in Newcastle NSW and this will be our first big trip in Austalia so want to make it a good one. Anybody any suggestions for a must do round trip in two weeks. Wsh list:

• Want it to be a road trip so camping along the way but different places throughout
    Spent 8 years in the Middle East so not scared of the desert
    Top end not so keen as we plan to save this for a BIG trip in a couple of years time
    Places worth seeing along the way (amazing Australia not museums)
    Reasonably challenging so not a highway trip
    Unfortunately unlikely to have anybody along with us so Simpson doesn't seem so sensible (had been my first thought)
    Have a two year old in tow but he loves the truck so no worries

So come on then, where should this family of Pohms see of your great southern land?

Head up the valley and go west along the back roads, taking your time to visit what ever interests you. at some time you could head north and do a loop in Qld and then head back south through NSW into western Victoria, maybe SA, then eastern or middle Vic and head north again.

When you get out there, there are plenty of minor roads to follow. Start with some State Maps and pick up more detailed local maps.

Latest posts

Back