Wiring through door for Keyless entry

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

STKE

Reaction score
Howdy

Got a new 2014 d22 that i'm installing a keyless entry into it.

Already have the actuator installed and tested to work fine, but I don't believe there is any 12v constant supply with-in the doors current wiring.

Just wondering how people have ran wiring through the door if they haven't been able to tap into the current system.

I don't really want to pull the door off if I can avoid it.

Cheers n Beers

My new D22 arrives in a week or so and I'll be putting keyless on mine. I'm going to follow this thread.

Cheers n beers
Sticko.

Hi STKE I have a 2013 D22 and I just installed a genuine keyless entry kit that I bought off eBay on the weekend. It taps into the power near the main wiring loom in the drivers footwell (under the cover on the right hand side, has 1 screw and 1 clip from memory). You don't need to take the door off as you can free up a bit of slack in the loom which makes it easier to pop off the rubber grommet that runs between the door and front pillar. It is fidly but you can just cut the tape back from the rubber and feed your 12V through, which I think you will have to do anyway to connect to your control module etc inside the cab.

Sorry I'm no auto elec but I hope that helped.

Hi STKE I have a 2013 D22 and I just installed a genuine keyless entry kit that I bought off eBay on the weekend. It taps into the power near the main wiring loom in the drivers footwell (under the cover on the right hand side, has 1 screw and 1 clip from memory). You don't need to take the door off as you can free up a bit of slack in the loom which makes it easier to pop off the rubber grommet that runs between the door and front pillar. It is fidly but you can just cut the tape back from the rubber and feed your 12V through, which I think you will have to do anyway to connect to your control module etc inside the cab.

That's perfect approach. That should work fine.

Thats how I installed mine also

Old thread I know, I fitted a jaycar kit and found twelve volt power and ground in the looms within the door. Has been working fine for almost two yrs now. Running wires through the door boot isn't a massive drama. But like I said I found power in the armrest.

As anyone installed one of those passive keyless entry units into a earlier (03) STR?
What else is needed apart from the PKE kit - I bought the $99 one on special at Repco (viper kit from directed)?

Back