ZD brakes and rotors on a QD

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

davojohnson

Reaction score
Hey everyone, just wondering if it's possible to just swap out the original 00" QD32 front brake rotors and callipers and bolt in a set of ZD30 rotors and callipers? Time to do the brakes but trying to find a way to do it properly on a very tight budget and have got some basically brand new ZD callipers off someone I know!

Cheers

mate of mine tore up a QD hub when a bearing went and replaced the entire hub assembly and rotor with the ones off a zd nav

ZD rotor was larger but i think rest of the hub was the same, he didnt change his calipers though (kept QD ones)

wasnt my car so hopefully someone else can confirm

mate of mine tore up a QD hub when a bearing went and replaced the entire hub assembly and rotor with the ones off a zd nav

ZD rotor was larger but i think rest of the hub was the same, he didnt change his calipers though (kept QD ones)

wasnt my car so hopefully someone else can confirm

So in simple words the ZD rotors fit over the QD hubs without any problems?

If this is true then j fail to see why the ZD callipers won't do the same!

Cheers

hmm thinking back honestly mate im not really sure what he ended up doing, probably best off ignoring my last post

Thats how i remember it but he may have swapped the rotors over when he put the new hub on

hmm thinking back honestly mate im not really sure what he ended up doing, probably best off ignoring my last post

Thats how i remember it but he may have swapped the rotors over when he put the new hub on

Hey mate, went to swap them over this morning and yeah the rotors are bigger, quite a bit bigger then the QD rotors as the ZD calliper sitting in where the original calliper went was only allowing the pads to make a maximum of half the pad to make contact with the rotor so if everything else is the same hopefully I'll be able to just swap the QD rotors out with the bigger ZD rotors. I'll see how that goes when I get the money to do that but I really appreciate your info and input on this mate!

Cheers

Latest posts

Back