Relay mounted for third battery?, where?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

terryc

Reaction score
I have a 2010 D22 (Thai) built Nav and want to mount a couple of "relays" to charge up the "third+ battery" in the tub or on the camper trailer/caravan.

Has anyone with a similar beastie managed to mount a relay under the hood?
If so what brand/model and where?
Any pictures?

There are a couple of tight places on the wheel arch either side. Both seem to have a couple of captive nuts, but I expect I'm going to have to make a couple more holes.

Hey terry.

I'm having trouble fitting the redarc sbi12 in the Thai built d22 I have cause I hdsve used all my captive nuts for other stuff like spotlight relay and electronic rust proofing module and few other bits. I'm still trying to find a place to fit it. This is just to split the 2 batteries already there. As for a third battery its not just the relay you gotta find a spot for its the circuit breaker aswell. It would be nice to find somewhere where they are both together and easy to reach

g'day Terry

I've got 2 relays - spotties RHS and air compressor LHS. Am about to put in a 3rd for extra spotties on sports bar.

Two pics of where I've put mine in my D22 2006.

Attachments

• Relay 01_RHS behing crank Batt.jpg
    Relay 01_RHS behing crank Batt.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 90
  • Relay 02_LHS behind fuel filter.jpg
    Relay 02_LHS behind fuel filter.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 94
Hey terry.

I'm having trouble fitting the redarc sbi12 in the Thai built d22 I have cause I hdsve used all my captive nuts for other stuff like spotlight relay and electronic rust proofing module and few other bits. I'm still trying to find a place to fit it. This is just to split the 2 batteries already there. As for a third battery its not just the relay you gotta find a spot for its the circuit breaker aswell. It would be nice to find somewhere where they are both together and easy to reach

I'm doing the same Rusty, however using 2 x 12V AGM motor bike batteries wired in parallel as the "3rd" battery.,,,,do you know why Nissan decided to use both batteries as "start" batteries with this little diesel?

Mate it was for better cranking power in colder climates. We didn't need it but it cost more for them to remove it then it did for them to leave them in. I'm still struggling to find a spot to mount the isolater under the bonnet. I have everything to do it except the position.

Latest posts

Back