Speedo Sensor

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JUICED

Reaction score
Does anyone know where 'exactly' the speedo gets it reading from on the D40>?

just about always have it plugged in to the gearbox. i'd jump under the car and have a look there.

Some new cars wont start if the electronic speedo sensor is removed, it's part of the starting circuit. Not sure if it's the case with the Navs.

I'm also trying to find out which one is the speedo sensor. I installed a reverse camera and needed to lock it onto the reverse sensor coming out of the trans. While doing this i've done something under there and the speedo doesn't work now. I checked all of the connections and it worked for about a day but is gone again now. I've probably put strain on the connection and it is a bit dodgy but I can't figure our which is the actual speedo connection. It doesn't really say in the Navara manual either.

Cheers
Damian

D22 one is easy, the speedo is the multi wired one at the rear. reverse switch i think is one of the top ones. i will have to have a look to see which one i tapped my camera on to.

btw you do need the speedo working, the ecu will go into limp mode after a while as one person found out the hard way.

just had a quick look, can't see what colour wire it was. however i used the reversing lights wire rather than the wire to the reversing switch. as mine requires 12v input to turn on. using reversing switch means you need to put voltage to ground and you will need to isolate the wires otherwise you risk back feeding (can't remember if ecu is connected to reverse switch).

My reverse camera is working fine. If i connect it to the reverse light I get a back feed and blow fuses. I'll have a look tonight and try and find a multi-wired one. I do remember that one of the connectors had two wires going into it and was a different sort of connector plug to all the rest?

Thanks for your help.
Damian

D22 one is easy, the speedo is the multi wired one at the rear. reverse switch i think is one of the top ones. i will have to have a look to see which one i tapped my camera on to.

btw you do need the speedo working, the ecu will go into limp mode after a while as one person found out the hard way.

Oops just noticed its for the d40 not d22 so my message is no good.... *edited*

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back