Speedo needle intermittently drops to zero when driving

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jeffj

Reaction score
Speedo problem Navara D22 3.0 Diesel 2005. Needle intermittently drops toward zero when driving. On a long trip the speedo if fine for 2-3 hours. The output from transmission sensor does not fail and ranges from 3-9 volts AC at different speeds. Could it be a fault around the black box on speedo PCB that controls fuel gauge and speedo?

where did you measure it? at the gearbox end or at the dash end?
my first suspect would be simply a broken wire from the sensor or bad connection.

what do you mean by "black box"? pic please.

where did you measure it? at the gearbox end or at the dash end?
my first suspect would be simply a broken wire from the sensor or bad connection.

what do you mean by "black box"? pic please.
I measured the sensor voltage at the gearbox end. I will connect an analog meter at tha dash end of wiring loom with the loom plug connected. If my meter needle flickers simultaneously with the speedo I will know if loom or plug is faulty. The "Black Box" is the "Unified Meter Control Unit" shown on Page El-7 in the Navara manual. It is probably within the large integrated circuit, I/C, on the speedo circuit board, and it accepts inputs from the speedo sensor and fuel sensor, rgds Jeff

sounds good.
just checking someone hadn't installed some aftermarket device in the line.

Latest posts

Back