z24 petrol turbo setup.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jazza1369

Reaction score
hi im trying to find out if can get a turbo set up for a z24 petrol. have a d21 4x4 dualcab and i want to put turbo on it. can anyone help me please

You'll have to put your own kit together. There are very few turbo Z24s around so you're basically on your own. There is a Z18 turbo that was fitted to some JDM cars so you can try to source the manifolds from one of them.

Alternatively, a KA24E head should fit on the Z24 engine, and there were factory KA24E engines that were turboed I believe. You would also end up withan fuel injected enginer too. Bigger job, but.

hi im trying to find out if can get a turbo set up for a z24 petrol. have a d21 4x4 dualcab and i want to put turbo on it. can anyone help me please

most important questions here would be, is your navara 4wd or 2wd?

If its 2wd, go down to the jap importers and buy yourself a sr20det motor and a matching bellhousing. Throw the bellhousing on the front of your navara gearbox and then thro the sr20det in the place of the z engine.
/enjoy having a turbo

If its a 4wd...

you could do the same thing, but u will need an ally fabricator to move the sump from front to rear..... or put some body lift in and raise your engine and gearbox above the diff....

Alternativly as said before, find the z engine that was turbo and steal its stuff..... id prefer something EFI, so i would go for a sr conversion or the slightl;y easier Ka24de + turbo route. I dont think they came factory tuyrbo, but the guys over the states when nuts with this motor and you can buy cheap turbo conversions etc etc for them (they were sold in the us in s13s where as japa/australia got sr20dets)

What they said. KA's were never turboed from the factory though.

There is also the KA20DE aswell, but they were only JDM engine.

wow thanks for all the advice from everyone and for more information the ute is 4wd. im actually looking at putting a 308 holden motor in its looking a bit easier then turbo the 4cyl.

on another note i have a 4cyl petrol carb motor and i know a mate who has a 4cyl fuel injected motor which would be better?

wow thanks for all the advice from everyone and for more information the ute is 4wd. im actually looking at putting a 308 holden motor in its looking a bit easier then turbo the 4cyl.

on another note i have a 4cyl petrol carb motor and i know a mate who has a 4cyl fuel injected motor which would be better?

Both 4 cyl petrol engines from a navara? The carby engine is likely a Z24, the fuel injected a KA24E. The KA is by far the better motor - more powerful and fuel efficient. The Z is a solid motor, but chews through fuel.

You're putting in a 308? Big project. What are you planning on doing for the drive train? You'd destroy the existing kit with that.

unless you can fabricate or know someone who can a 308 conversion will set you back a lot of coin, same with a turbo setup. the standard V6 is reasonably quick and a pretty straight forward conversion from what i've read on here.

but for a really simple and reasonably effective power up add some extractors and a straight through muffler on 2.25" pipe. get the weber carby conversion and then make up a sealing airbox that you can plumb in a snorkel to. get electronic ignition and maybe if you're really serious get a mild grind cam.

that should make a Z24 a little better to use.

ebay in north america carries a good selection of various manifolds to trubo a 240sx with ka24e. a manifold should work on your truck the same but you would need a different down pipe.

here are some people up here
http://www.cxracing.com/
http://www.jgstools.com/turbo/index2.html

these guyas also make turbo manifolds and a bunch of other stuff for ka24e. but switches to a 240sx style intake instead of truck.
http://www.ojperformance.com/

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_trksid=p5197.m570.l1313&_nkw=ka24e+turbo&_sacat=0

and i believe this was mentioned already the ka24e head should bolt up to z24. im not sure off hand but ka24 and z24 may have same flanges. jgs turbo link they say custom diy kits and flange parts.

if im not mistake ka24e block handles about 7psi on stock fuel. then you run into ring land melt down territory at about 250hpish. then ud need forged.... im not sure about z24 but id imagine they have forged rods aswell. ka24e handles about 400 on stock rods.

Latest posts

Back