tie down points

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

matto47

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Just a question for those of you who transport dogs in the back.. The lack of tie down points is a bit of a pain in the bum. How are you guys transporting your pooches? Have you modified the existing tie down points or have you welded a custom one on yourself?

cheers

Matt

I have a chain that runs between the 2 front tie down points in the tray. I welded a small turnbuckle in the middle of the chain to tweak up the tension. I clip my dog chains onto that. Its also handy to tie other bits and pieces to when travelling.

there are a few m6 nuts along the front edge of the tray, just get some m6 lifting eyebolts to thread into them, can also go in to replace the factory tie down hooks.

Peter ST_R said:
there are a few m6 nuts along the front edge of the tray, just get some m6 lifting eyebolts to thread into them, can also go in to replace the factory tie down hooks.

They're actually m8 bolts.

bringin up an old post here but I was wondering, galvanised vs stainless steel for this application???

I got a removable tie down point from the local 4wd shop, cut a small hole in the tub liner in the middle on the cab end. works really well and if you dont want it there just unclip and slde off and the track sits flush with the rest of my tub.

when i bought mine it had two d-shackles up on top of the front of the tub (have a look and you'll know which ones, theres 4 of them along the front) perfect for dogs, they had a long bolt through them and washers to take up the slack

I've got a canopy but have drilled, sanded, touched up with primer then added silicone where I've installed some eyelets for securing loads. Just double check where you drill so you don't drill through a line.

Latest posts

Back