Whats the Best UHF for my D40

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What do you want it for, where do you plan to put it, the model of car has very little to do with which model of UHF suits your needs.

Perhaps an intro and some more information might yield some better answers.

ARB have some new 80 channel ones in, around the $500 mark that seem suitable in the D40 (location wise)
one hides under the dash completely, with all controls in the MIC and the other
Hides the body same as before but has an interface similar sizing to the Scangauge2 with all the controls then the Mic attached to that.
Best advice ive heard is find Where do you want to Mount the mic, And go from there

I got a GME3100 for $310 from Macquarie 4x4 / ARB at Mcgraths Hill. it's 80 channels, comes with an aerial and the unit is the size of the palm of your hand (fingers excluded) or a bit bigger than an i-phone so it fits between the bottom of the dash and the tray infront of the gear stick without being in the way and the screen light is identical to the orange lights on the dash so it looks good at night too. I'm Pretty happy with it.

i com 400 , plus it has a orange back light and matches the rest of the car lights at night

i have a tx3800 with the remote mount kit, main unit is mounted under the drivers seat, remote face is mounted near the handbrake, mic is mounted in centre console when not being used, a bit different but it suits me. if i was going to get another one i would get one with a mic that has all the controls on it. they look the goods.
cheers
geoff

Uniden Uh 7760NB

Just got a uniden as above with 6.5db elevated antena for around 400 for my stx 550.

Being as i didn't want to cut into dash etc this is a great unit.
Main unit velcro under drivers seat and all controls are on the mic piece.
The screen can be changed to match the colour of your dash and the hand set comes up betwteen the seat and center console and has a long extension lead piece on it.

Can just leave the mic in the center console box out of sight from all eyes and here it plain as day....

Need to know budget etc. to recommend one mate. Can easily reccomend heaps over 500, and just as easily heaps under. Personally, i love the icom 400 pro, but have others too.

Mitch

I bought a GME TX3520 today with a GME 6grain antenna from roof rack city in Canberra.
easy to install and fits well Just in front of the gear stick above the tray, Even managed to use Velcro to mount the scan gauge underneath it.

Chose to buy from a store rather than Online, for warranty purposes and future discount for more purchases in the future...
cant wait to test it out on the next trip :)

I bought the icom ic-440, and I think it's great, but exxy.
I mounted the unit to the next of the cluth pedel to get it out of sight without having problems getting to it.
I used the mic extention cable to run through the centre console, poking it out next the drivers seat.
The mic mount is stuck to the dash, using those 3M adhesive strips, under the hazard lights switch which has had plenty of use and works great.

I found the icom mic bracket was alot stronger than what I have seen from GME and won't bounce around.
I couldn't fault anything about the unit. It has heaps of features, yet stays simple to use when doing the basics.

Latest posts

Back