Banjo Bolt/Fuel rail mod Q

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Soberphobic

Reaction score
Howdy all,
I've been installing the Chip It DPF delete pipe, Chip and fuel rail mod over the last couple of days.

All was going well until today when trying to do the fuel rail mod. All in all it has been a disaster for various reasons but to top things off I lost the banjo bolt.

Question is do you actually need it? I have fitted the billet to the fuel rail as supplied by Chip it which is basically a plug. I can't see why you need the banjo bolt for any other reason than to seal the fuel return pipe. Is that correct?
For now I have simply plugged the fuel return hose and all seems OK.

Am I on the right track or am I missing something? I saw elsewhere here when searching mention of a blank Banjo fitting which is basically what I have done.

I am also assuming the pressures in the return line are low given the hose clamp and pitiful barb on the banjo fitting. The blank I have used will be good to 150psi +.

All help is greatly appreciated.

Good news I found your banjo bolt :sarcastic:

BanjoBolt-1.jpg

Seriously you need to at least replace the bolt otherwise your ECU will trip the engine into limp mode when running wild tunes.

PS - I just noted you're in WA. Ring Justin from Chip It in Perth. He'll help you!!

Last edited:
Cheers

Thanks for that. I printed it but it wouldn't seal :jester:

I'll be on to the boys on Monday for some help. Still don' t understand why I need it at all given that the new (relief valve) fitting has no hole so fuel doesn't get through and replacing the banjo fitting just blocks a hole and I've done that anyway, just differently.

FWIW, drove it this arvo with problems on the preset tune (5 I believe) and all good except for a bit of diesel on the ground. Not sure if that is from fuel spilt earlier in the day or if I have a leak.

Brute force and ignorance :sarcastic:

Actually the banjo bolt was the problem. That bugger I could not undo. The larger nut (the valve itself) i used a 19mm open ender (because I could't undo the banjo to get a ringy on) and a 18" piece of pipe hanging off the end of it, then heave. Actually wasn't as tight as I was expecting....unlike the $%^&en banjo bolt

Just curious. I haven't got a d40 but the motor and rails between that and the d22 are similar. Does the d22 need to have this banjo bolt thing done? I have a chip coming and controller. Is that all I need? What's the banjo bolt gadget do exactly?

Latest posts

Back