V9X FUEL CONSUMPTION

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ern0704

NF Supporter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would like to hear from other V9X drivers what their experience is like concerning fuel consumption. I have this vehicle about a year now, and am battling to get 8.4 km on a liter. This is of course not much long distance but an average of 60kms each time. According to the factory manual an average of 11kms on a liter is achievable. That's without any modifications to the vehicle yet. Mine has done 187000kms is 11 years old. Mechanically what I've done to try my utmost so far was firstly an engine flush then a throttle controller by EVC So that I can manipulate the hunting of gears by the transmission on longer uphills, although I rarely use it now. Next I upgraded the intercooler to a better and bigger one. And then the boost pipes as well and fitted an oil catch can. My driving style isn't aggressive at all. With all this power it shouldn't be so hard to get results in fuel efficiency or what am I missing. The next mechanical thing is a turbo back free flow exhaust and a remap. It's lively and driving well, but only a bit thirsty. Am I expecting to much if I day that at least 10kms on a liter would make me happy at this stage already?

Latest posts

Back