Strut spacers with 2 inch lift

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tomo

Reaction score
I currently have a 2 inch Iron Man suspension kit and was considering putting in 35mm strut spacers on the front.

Does anybody have any experience with a similar setup?
I know you have to move the bump stops
Is there anything else to consider?
Will it put too much strain on other components?

You will need new upper control arms im pretty sure this is why i havent done this yet if you look back i asked same question have a look in it.
Also the CV joint angle may become too great.

Tomo,

Arty has had these upper ball joints changed which is great idea check out forum 2915-before-after-shots-2-lift-3.
Leave the UCA alone as its $$$$ and just place a small spacer at this point with a revised upper ball joint. I'm still awaiting Arty to get back to me on where he got them from so I can go do it. As I have a all over Radflo setup and spacers on front they touch the coil bucket frequently so I want to fix this quickly.
Also its a good idea to get some heavy duty thick rubber strip and place where the arms touch your bucket to help prevent wear.
CV wise no dramas unless you have the droop way to far and you over extend your shocks and cv all in one.

Tomo,

Arty has had these upper ball joints changed which is great idea check out forum 2915-before-after-shots-2-lift-3.

I'm after some of those extended ball joints too, I see Ultimate suspension have them but for some reason didn't want to reply to my emails.

I have just sent you a PM kmancho, sorry for the delay, been on hols.
Sent you one as well 08King.

Just a comment on the ball joints/spacers, I have an 08 and my brother has an 06, we both got exactly the same suspension lift from the same place and he didn't need the ball joints/spacers, they reckon the 06 had a slightly different suspension setup to my 08, both built in Spain though

Arty

I have just installed today a 2inch ironman kit in 2010 ST D40 Dual Cab.
With a 10mm spacer.

Sits nice and high, the top arm has about 15mm clearence, just doable for my 80% road driving but not completely sold on that yet.

The BIG problem as many others have is the camber is way out. I have a wheel alignment booked tomorrow, Fulcrum have a double offset bush for the bottom arm, hope it fixes it.

It does have factory adjustment on the bottom (Thialand build) and I have not adjusted these after i finished the install so maybe it will be ok, but I would think it would only have 1-1.5 degree of adjustment and it looks like it is out a lot more than that.

I would really appreciate a pm with any info on these ball joints if your feeling generous...

Thought I would at least advise 2010 is really no better.

Just had the wheel alignment done. Came in alot more than I thought.

Its at .26 and .56 positive. Not perfect but acceptable. I would still like to do the extended ball joints as the top arm will still contact the spring mount.

Im getting the offset bush kit anyway so the camber will be perfect and this is with a 2inch lift and 10mm spacer.

Cheers

Just had the wheel alignment done. Came in alot more than I thought.

Its at .26 and .56 positive. Not perfect but acceptable. I would still like to do the extended ball joints as the top arm will still contact the spring mount.

Im getting the offset bush kit anyway so the camber will be perfect and this is with a 2inch lift and 10mm spacer.

Cheers

Hey rmt, did you make the 10mm spacer yourself?
Your camber has come up pretty good, I think 0 is the ideal setup on these front ends, so yor not to far off. Can you give us your total lift measurement say from the center of the hub to the guard lip.
Cheers.

Hey rmt, did you make the 10mm spacer yourself?
Your camber has come up pretty good, I think 0 is the ideal setup on these front ends, so yor not to far off. Can you give us your total lift measurement say from the center of the hub to the guard lip.
Cheers.

Gidday,

578mm front centre of hub to edge of gaurd, both sides.

The spacers are from ironman.

I'm just just chasing a squeak, its the rubber squeaking between the spring and the inside of the top bucket. Fix that and get the offset bush kit installed and I'm happy.

I will be keen to hear of anyone that has had the fulcrum offset bushes installed as I know they have been around for a while (even got a set in at work ages ago) but I never installed em. I was a little unsure on them really.

The top balljoint spacer is obviously just to help with upper arm contact on the spring perch I guess or does it somehow alter wheel alinment?

Also had a look under a new navara today and yep they don't have any cam adjusters on the front of the lower control arms (bugger)

I got a 35mm spacer and 2: lift, the contral arms do bang a bit, not much though....

Looks finally almost level ! and the 33"s dont rub.

Following on from my 2" lift earlier this year, I had new ball joints with spacers fitted to raise the height of the upper control arm and a camber adjustment kit also fitted.(as I've stated in a previous thread)
I just put bigger wheels and tyres on the car last week and got the place to also re-check the wheel alignment, the best they could get was +0.1 camber. I was a bit concerned as my standard tyres that I pulled off had signs of wearing on both the outsides of the fronts. The mechanic said it was within acceptable limits (0.1) and just to keep an eye on the new tyres for signs of wearing.

My question is, is +0.1 camber going to give me unnecessary wearing on the outside edges of my new tyres? and does "0.1 pos camber" mean 0.1 of a degree?

When looking at the wheels from the front it appears that the wheels do look a little positive (camber) but I thought being +0.1 you wouldn't notice by looking at it.
Hope this makes sense

Arty

0.1 isn't going to make any difference to the wear, tyre pressures and driving style will have a much greater influence. Don't worry how it looks standing still, when your moving the geometry will be spot on if its being aligned to the right specs.

My camber was way out from new. The guys did some witchery pokery stuff to mine like bringing in the toe angle so the tyres will run straight and wear flat.

The guys in the states normally say 2 1/2" is about max to go relaibly to run with no fear of coil bucket contact.

Hi Arty

who can i get the ball joint spaces from.

I'm going to get my 2" lift i have got 35mm S.R spaces i like to put in

Thanks mate

just got the ironman 2" (C) with the 35mm S.R spaces. The truck sits at

LF 795 RF 800

LR 820 RR 820

The guys at tyrepower west ipswich did a top job an made the truck sit level

p.s it,s a bit hard for the wife to get in now

just got the ironman 2" (C) with the 35mm S.R spaces. The truck sits at

LF 795 RF 800

LR 820 RR 820

The guys at tyrepower west ipswich did a top job an made the truck sit level

p.s it,s a bit hard for the wife to get in now

Thats around 90mm of front lift.
How much clearance is there between the UCA and the coil bucket?. I'm guessing not much.

Latest posts

Back