D40 abs sensor cables

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Minnaar

Reaction score
All owners here, be warned that the rear ABS sensor cables are totally unprotected and can easily be damaged.Cost of one cable is 5.6k and Nissan won't contribute.
In my opinion a shortfall in engineering skills...:angry:

Has anyone had to extend these lines??
There are guys running calmini kits around what did they/you guys have to do to achieve the extra line needed in the ABS sensors??!

i needed to take em off the clips on the rear of mine after the 2" lift so id just do that or if i needed just extend them

apparently its a no no to cut the sensor lines.
Noone wants a bar of it

Im also going to come up with a bash plate for the sensors.

Last edited:
oh really, id prefer if there were no abs at all to be honest but with all the electronic bullshit i spose you couldnt just get rid of it completly anyway

KK I have it sorted.
The ABS lines are long enough after all.
They just need some rerouting the most technical part was bending an existing mount with a hammer 90deg.
Cable tied ABS wires passenger side to my extended brake lines and moved the plug closer to the diff in a pre existing hole.
The driver side I bent the bracket and swapped the plug and mount hard to explain but there was more play on the drivers side.
Covered the lines in conduit and the bottom part of the cable that runs along the diff which I thought was pretty exposed I covered in 2 layers of conduit. And will be making bash plates for this part later.

i needed to take em off the clips on the rear of mine after the 2" lift so id just do that or if i needed just extend them

Correct I simply pulled them off those clips and then covered each cable in corregated split tubing as stones are not good. 2" lift is not a problem if the cables are pulled from the clips.

Do you guys both have Spain build???
Mines Thai of course maybe Thai have longer cables as I did not need to unclip mine with a 50mm lift.
Only with a 100mm lift.

G,day gents,
I went 4x4 driving the Rover track in Coffs Harbour yesterday with a couple of mates. ABS light came on after crossing several creeks. Must have flicked a rock onto a sensor cable.

Went to my mates work-shop in Coffs, plugged in diagnostic tool which said drivers side rear sensor faulty. Pulled it out, checked it and the cable, no sign of any damage. Reset the unit and drove around the block and the light came back on.

Priced a new cable on e-bay $200.00, i will try and contact the wreckers to see if they have any and what their prices are. I will be modifying cables by using flexible conduit filled with salastic. My 4x4 machanic friend say's it's a messy job, but it works well. Salastic acts like a shock adsorber inside flexible conduit. Deflects hard impacts.

Will be carrying out this messy task tomorrow.

Regards,

RLI

My ABS light always comes on after driving through water.
I was told by the dealer it is just water ingress of the sensors so maybe give them all a clean and some metho and regrease and that may save you a few bucks if it gets rid of the light.

I have made some bash plates out of 5mm gal that shroud the ABS input sensor Ill try get some pics up sometime soon when I have a chance

My ABS light always comes on after driving through water.
I was told by the dealer it is just water ingress of the sensors so maybe give them all a clean and some metho and regrease and that may save you a few bucks if it gets rid of the light.

I have made some bash plates out of 5mm gal that shroud the ABS input sensor Ill try get some pics up sometime soon when I have a chance

G,day mate,

I will try that idea, also look forward to see photos of sensor bash plate's.

I contacted Gold Coast 4x4 auto wreckers, they want $80.00 for a second hand speed sensor and cable unit.

Regards,

RLI.:wash_truck:

Latest posts

Back